Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2022 11:06 am 

1. What is the main goal you hope to achieve for the position(s) you are running for this reign?

2. Being an officer takes a lot of time outside of the game, in order to serve well. How do you plan on balancing real life with the demands of the position(s) you are running for this reign?

3. Attendance has been increasing since the beginning of the year. What actions can you take in the position(s) you're seeking to keep that momentum going to keep our Kingdom strong?

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2022 11:28 am 

1. More Tests!
2. I don't.
3. More Tests!

1. Just want to help out the kingdom how I can.

2. Its never been a problem for me, i dont suspect it will be now.

3. Engagement.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2022 11:48 am 

1. What is the main goal you hope to achieve for the position(s) you are running for this reign?

My main goal for running for Guild Master of Paladin was to spread awareness about a very cool class that has not always been as available to play as it is now. My goal is to teach others about how the class works, how to play it most effectively, and hopefully get some energy back into the Class Guilds.

2. Being an officer takes a lot of time outside of the game, in order to serve well. How do you plan on balancing real life with the demands of the position(s) you are running for this reign?

I think this position can be as much work as you want to put into it. If I were to get off-balance I’ll just shift some of my hats to the left and be fine.

3. Attendance has been increasing since the beginning of the year. What actions can you take in the position(s) you're seeking to keep that momentum going to keep our Kingdom strong?

Attendance has been booming. A big part of why I want to do this is because I want the opportunity to teach more people how to play Paladin. I think it is a uniquely designed class that can help make cross-gaming much more accessible and let cross-gamers have a blast on the field. I want to use this as an opportunity to teach people how to play our game and get them more involved in a way that might avoid some feelings of being overwhelmed. Hopefully, as people are getting their first class maxed out and being able to play the Paladin class, they’re going to find something that is enjoyable and easy for them to accomplish their goals and have a great time playing our game.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2022 5:27 pm 

1. I want to help grow our Kingdom, teach others while also leaning more myself.

2.To be honest I'm not really sure but I do plan to do my be on balancing IRL and game the best I can.

3. I plan to make fun and understandable battle game so players stay in too each battle. So hopefully if folks passing by see a lot of folks having fun they might want to join aswell.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:51 pm 

-Wizard guild master- To help others get excited about wizards, my ultimate goal is creating opportunities to build skills for the many moving parts of this class.

Regent: The Serpent path is my passion. It is something I love sharing with others. My main goal is to help inspire others to bring their passions for any and all art to the park and events. It might be as simple as perhaps offering up an unannounced trinket for the best fight of the day, or making a little custom scroll for the local A&S tourney.
Art is something that can create a bond or aid in someone's persona for years to come.
It doesn't have to be some grand thing, everyone has to start someplace. I plan on helping cultivate the arts and sciences for both veterans and those interested in learning alike.

2. Being an officer takes a lot of time outside of the game, in order to serve well.
How do you plan on balancing real life with the demands of the positions you are running for this reign?

I have set hours where I am unavailable during the day during the week. They are set aside for work, ( i can peek at my phone at lunch) 7:30-4:15 and sleep time post 10pm on work nights. I plan on maintaining an appropriate work life balance as best as I can to ensure that I am able to serve the kingdom to the best of my ability.

3. Attendance has been increasing since the beginning of the year.
What actions can you take in the position(s) you're seeking to keep that momentum going to keep our Kingdom strong?

Regent: My primary goal is to ensure that everyone has a place here in the Emerald Hill and advocate that they get recognized for their skills and participation. I'd like to feature pictures of people having fun making/being involved in their art and post it to social media to help raise enthusiasm around the arts and sciences.

We have the online Arts on Friday nights starting around 7 pm online on discord. This would be a helpful space that could be utilized in several different ways. If someone just wants to carve out some space to get stuff done, bonus get to discuss their art ideas/projects. The Friday night discord group also offers an opportunity for setting up AMA for various Masters and Knights which could really help mid and upper tier crafters. I’ve been vigilant about attending this group and tend to drop pictures of current projects. Being there consistently offers another point of accessibility, and visibility.

Another idea would be running classes in person at regional events. I'd like to have some larger regional gatherings per state. Something akin to the BreadWars that held during the between the covid waves. opportunities for larger projects and classes to benefit our kingdom.

-Wizard guild master: There is a lot of networking to do. Wizard is a super fun class but it has a lot of moving parts and can be played in so many different ways. The magical ability of the wizard is definitely an attractive draw for Amtgard but can quickly become overwhelming for those who are new to the game. The more we can break down the knowledge and have the opportunities to build these skills, the more inclusive fun everyone can have.

If i can only express to you guys the pure whirlwind of excitement and chaos i hold
in my little dark heart for both of these offices. I hope you can see me being worthy
of selection and join ME on these endeavors

_DarkLady Revna Bloodaxe

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 6:47 pm 

Chocobo Racing!
Intentionally hit Superbolide immediately after getting a huge heal!
My theme is Final Fantasy. Any and all of them, bring your buster swords and Moogles!

Also to have fun and make sure I can help the Kingdom run as smoothly as possible so that everyone else can have more fun than I have.

Its easy to say you can put limits on when you're going to be doing something for the kingdom, its tough to put that into practice when something happens and you're needed immediately. I have a job, I have to work. I cannot do Amtgard things during work, just how it is. But I've been a kingdom monarch before and know when to say its time for health/sleep to come first. But being Monarch is a priority for me, or I would not have run for the job.

See answer to question number 1....Chocobo Racing!
Also showing up. But really for your park what everyone can do to help is to show up and participate in some way or another. Play games, make games, make stuff, cuddle pandas, whatever. Being consistent is a big help for all of our parks.

Archduke Sir Worrak Darkedge
Knight of the Serpent

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:10 pm 

1. Continue supporting A&S through Tourneys and more classes.

2. Planning and adhering to a schedule.

3. As Regent I hope to instill more culture draw for the game through working with officers on a subgroup level to showcase talents and projects with classes.

In Service,
Rorek Silverlight

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:35 pm 

Ensure timely completion of documentation applicable to the role, provide insight to the board regarding mundane/business decisions

By scheduling time to specifically address different job responsibilities such as board meetings and/or extra services

Helping to ensure that the parks can function smoothly such that players can focus on playing the game rather than worrying about mundane problems

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:45 pm 

I hope to continue some of the work I began on the BOD to put the kingdom in the best fiscal position to recover successfully from Covid stronger than ever. We have successfully brought cash flows back to the kingdom, now is the time when we need to be sure to invest in assets that improve the kingdom and keep the coffers full.

Having served on the BOD for 2 years, the last 6 months of which were also as Monarch, I feel I've already found a balance between game and IRL responsibilites, and foresee it getting easier, rather than harder to balance once the crown passes to Worrak.

Making sure the BOD is following proper oversight of committees already set up to ensure we have a valid IK event, along with other events that help to both bolster attendance and earn money for the kingdom.

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:01 am 

Improve conditions in game and within the organization for all members, as well as to expand my own level of experience in the area of leadership

As business owner, I can choose to restructure my schedule to make time and resources available for the needs of the organization.

Maintain my own attendance and facilitate others' needs to help them come out. Also, as an officer for the past few years, make sure to keep our park days and events fun and engaging.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard