Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » King's Point

Post subject: Seal and KP
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:51 pm 

I tried to post on the previous thread, but wasn't able to. So hear is what I need to say. I did not read all of the posts, I just don't have the time or patience. Some of it was flames and some of it had legitimate points, but hear is some of the back story. (This post and the other was not intended to stir up drama, only to remind him of something I'm sure he was aware of. Any drama is what others create of it.)

I'll start from the beginning.

Yes, Seal "started" Kp, but he wasn't the only one. A handful of people began at the park, working hard together to draw in numbers, run the park and make it fun every weekend. I was one of the first few to attend the park. I saw it from it's infancy just as he did. But I don't claim to have "started it", only to help it grow.

From the beginning he lied to us. He made up rules, created and changed things to suit him, kept people in office he could control. He also had a tendency to make young females very uncomfortable, and I will leave it at that. It wasn't King's Point, it was Seal's Point. If someone didn't like it, he would drive them off. We knew no better at the time, so we thought this was the way it was. Then more experienced people came to visit from other parks, and started pointing out the fake rules and the was the park was run, and blamed it on the whole park, thus our bad reputation was born. We started to notice these things ourselves, but he had us convinced that there was nothing we could do about it. Numbers dropped. People stopped showing up. Know one wanted to put up with him anymore. Then we got a hold of the rules and Corpora and found out that we didn't have to tolerate his behavior any more.

First he was warned several times. He was no longer allowed to run elections and battle games anymore. We had never even heard of the reeves tests or Quals until about 2 years ago. We got him and his friends out of office, but it still wasn't enough. He was still causing problems and over stepping his bounds in more than one way. But there was no one event that we could point out and say, "This has gone to far." No one he had offended would step up and address him about it. The the incident happened last summer, and it was the last straw. He had been warned before and made to apologize, but his behavior never changed. We weren't going to tolerate it anymore.

There was a petition to the park officers signed by most of the park to the officers to ban him. It passed. He was told of his ban, so he no longer participated, but brought his kids to play, which was ok. Then Kingdom heard of the incident and the rest was history that I will not bring up again.

This was not just one incident. Not just one little mistake that ended in a ban. This was years in the making. It has been discussed loosely at the park since the end of his ban and the general feeling is that we do not want him back. We should not be forced to play with someone that the general population doesn't want around. If we are forced to, I can tell you now that most of the park population will probably stop attending. Just starting a park is not a good reason for us to have to deal with him. As a park we should have the right to not allow him to play if he is not wanted.

Several of the current park officers have talked, and after the park Coronation, we are going to hold a park althing. The choice will be to allow him on a probationary period, or not at all.

Those who brought up pulling our contract, you didn't like it when it was brought up against you, why would you do it to another. We are not ignoring the Kingdom's ruling like MWG did. This was in place well before hand. If the Kingdom tells us that we must allow him, than we will. We know better than to ignore the crown. But I am glad that they wish to discuss it, rather than just enforce it.

This is not KP being "butthurt". This is us just trying to enjoy the game just like everyone else. If you have flames, save your time, I won't read them. I don't care about drama, I'm just trying to prevent it at KP.

Post subject: Re: Seal and KP
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:40 pm 

This is hilarious.

"Hmm, the (now former) Monarch decreed this issue would be put to rest, so I can't post on the archived and locked thread. I know! I'll start a new one with a different park in the title!"

You know, you could have at least put this in the specific park forum, instead of General Amtgard, and bumping down my awesome thread reminding folks of my fantastic fighter practice held every Tuesday at 6:30pm in Lewisville!

In before the lock... [smilie=icon_rolleyes.gif]

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:59 pm 

pic related

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:23 pm 

D. Althings
1. An Althing will be held in all odd months (if no person has business to bring before the club, then there will be no Althing for that month)
2. An Althing must have an agenda that is announced at least 2 (two) weeks prior to the Althing
3. The Althing may consist of the following:
a Discussion and enactment of rule changes
b Revision and updating of the Corpora
c Discussion and voting on major expenditures of the club treasury
d Discussion of the future of the Kingdom and its priorities
4. Althing items pertaining to the finances of the Kingdom or RGK Treasury may only be voted upon by members who are residents of parks within 150 miles of the Kingdom Center (Duncanville, TX)

ok so july is an odd month. so please submit an althing questoin to the pm for review.
please include what part of rules pertaining to all things you are using to justify your allthing queston.
Remmember

There was a petition to the park officers signed by most of the park to the officers to ban him. It passed. He was told of his ban, so he no longer participated, but brought his kids to play, which was ok. Then Kingdom heard of the incident and the rest was history that I will not bring up again.

your words. the incident is history. Before we jump the gun, lets see how Seal reacts to his new lease on amtgard life. Are we such small indaviduals that we judge before there are additional wrongs done apon Us.

Never judge a man's actions until you know his motives

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:07 pm 

I will be at KP this weekend (briefly). I am going to be on that side of town for a family gathering, but I will make time to come to the park. I would like the current officers, as well as all the people running for office to meet me there. I will show up around 3pm.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 am 

Really not wanting to get into all this drama again, but I gotta say this. Just give the guy a chance. He's been punished for this for a long time and I'm not saying everything he did wasn't wrong, but sometimes people need a chance to show that they've changed. If you keep getting berated for something that you're done wrong and not given a chance to gain trust back then whats the point in changing at all? I feel like this is all just gotten out of hand and now that the light at the end of the tunnel is finally in sight I dont want to see another shit storm to start up. Anyways, he probably isn't going to be showing up to much to KP anyways. Why show up at a park where you know you're not wanted by half the population. I understand that he has upset many a people at KP and I'm not siding with him, but I do believe he deserves a chance to prove himself.

Guild Master of Monks for King's Point

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 am 

Elder, for all that is sane in this world, close this forum before this gets out of hand. Preferably delete it.

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Last edited by Myth Of Reality on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:07 pm 

As 'repetative' as the topic may be, she has a right to post what she will post.

Just like a 'garder has a right to make bad decisions, not call the cops when wronged, ban a player from park, or declare a kingdom ban ruling null and void at their park, etc. Each merits a specific response. It's the consequences we have to live with.

You start trying to censor peoples thoughts in game or the forum, as mundane or manic as they may be and you'll burn bridges faster than a New Mexico wildfire.

Still trying to figure out what's worse:
The rehashing of a dead topic or a park officer publicly insulting a peer on the forums.

Able to make his 2-cent pie without a sloppy obscene-o-fest curry,
S

p.s. Can't the ongoing park level ban be considered a dragging out of things on the topic as well, be it appropriate or not? Think you can keep politics neatly tucked under your parks carpet? Think again champ.

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:19 pm 

Ill be at the meeting.

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:08 pm 

I've said my peace. I was asked at Coronaton by Cyn to explain on the forums my previous post about his ban at Kp, and that's all this was. I didnt plan to post anything at all, but she requested some clarification for all. I got a bit carried away after I read some of the previous posts from people who weren't there and didn't see the negative impact that he had on our park. He acts very differantly at KP than at other parks.

Whether or not my post was the smart thing to do or not, I did it, to try and clarify a few things. Maybe I worded it wrong, but I was pretty upset when Kp's issues with him were dismissed as us being "butthurt", but flames are just that, flames. Nothing of real substance. And I know I'm not the only person to insult another on these forums, let alone the only officer.

People want him to get a second chance, that is what the althing will be for. If enough people want him to play with us agian, than that's how they will vote. All the statement was ment to say was that until something has changed at a park level, the ban that KP had on Seal BEFORE the kingdom ban was ever thought of, was still in place. If the Kingdom ban had never happened, KP's ban would probably still be in place. With that said. No reason to discuss it further until after the althing is held. I just want this whole stupid thing over with.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:25 am 

The first sign of someone wanting to cause Drama, is their insistence that they are Not trying to cause Drama... The second sign is that they are too busy or too impatient to read what others have to say, yet they insist on stating their own points of view.

So, if you REALLY want this to be over & done with…
Look to yourself FIRST… and let it go.

But we all know that you’re not going to do that.
So, good luck with your quest to permanently eliminate someone you don’t like from your park, simply because you don’t like them and regardless of the fact that they have done tons more for Amtgard than YOU have.
And let us all know what happens when the shoe is on the other foot and You’re the one being persecuted cause someone doesn’t like YOU!
Cause from what I’ve seen from you, that is a strong possibility…

…just sayin’

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:29 pm 

Admin edit: You have made your opinion about this issue quite clear Tobias, no need to repeat it.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:45 pm 

Not sure who edited Tobias' post, but if it did not violate forum rules, I don't see why it was edited. Repetativeness is common on here, if that becomes a reason to edit, we will all be in trouble.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:03 pm 

Forest Evergreen wrote:
Not sure who edited Tobias' post, but if it did not violate forum rules, I don't see why it was edited. Repetativeness is common on here, if that becomes a reason to edit, we will all be in trouble.

it was a pic of a cat throwing up. just how this makes me feel. i mean ffs... its the same person or two (dont care to pay attention) crying about how they're butthurt about someone and dont want to play with them. if that's the case they can take their ball and go home. i mean i'm sure brennon is a great person outside of amtgard (dont really know lol) but i just dont like encountering him, so i dont play, i dont go on a fucking crotchblood rampage and cry till he gets kicked out, hell he was there long before me, i see it as his right to play wherever he wants. now these anus-clams decide they have more power than the almighty mother-effing king and BoD and dont have to comply to the rules... were i not broke all the time i would make one funk of a king. because i dont tolerate bullshit and everything is black and white.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:29 am 

Tobias for King.
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » King's Point