Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post subject: States craft answers
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:27 pm 

States craft answers:

Mortyn:
Being a high officer means not only travelling within our Kingdom, but also representing us outside our borders. What IK events, or other Kingdom's events do you feel it is important to attend during the upcoming reign and why? *

World Banner Wars and Clan are the big ones in my mind for the upcoming reign, it's time to revitalize the former, and the latter is important to Amtgard as a whole.

What do you plan to do during your term to promote inter-park cooperation / competitions?

My intention is to work with all the parks & players to hold local A&S tournaments to promote arts across the kingdom and help players to incorporate the vectored scoring system across the kingdom.

What makes you a great/the ideal candidate for the office you are running for?

I never run without the intention to leave the kingdom in a better place, this reign is no different and I believe I can encourage/improve the arts, both in understanding, and participation

Elder Vermilion:

Being a high officer means not only travelling within our Kingdom, but also representing us outside our borders. What IK events, or other Kingdom's events do you feel it is important to attend during the upcoming reign and why? *

Gathering of the Clans is the central gathering point of Amtgard, and where the COM meetings occur, Keep on the Borderlands is the largest IK event.

What do you plan to do during your term to promote inter-park cooperation / competitions?

A series of A&S judging workshops to encourage more local involvement in A&S at the regional and Kingdom Level.

I have a long history of Service at the Kingdom Level, and I have run and judged several A&S competitions in the past.

Sir Smiley:

I'll answer this by making a list and doing my best to give reasoning as to why I believe these are the best.
Gathering of Clans 2k18. Fairytales Grimm- A few reasons. 1. The Circle of Monarchs meeting is held here and I believe it best for the Monarch to be there rather than sending a representative in the monarchs absence, if it can be done. 2.) This is an event that is one of Amtgard's oldest events and helps develop relationships with many other kingdoms especially the Burning Lands. 3.) My in-laws live close by to this even and this makes for a good time to go see them with family as well.

Keep on the Borderlands IX - This has quickly developed into one of Amtgard's premiere events and pulls attendance at times over 600, ( which makes for a great even, I heard it hit close to 1,000 a couple of times as well). This type of attendance provides an opportunity to be an ambassador for The Emerald Hills to a large population that covers a large portion of Amtgardia. Not to mention the networking and overall fun that can be had.

Maize Maze 2018 - This event is hosted by Dragonspine and usually held in Late October of the beginning of September. It is an event that I've always heard much about and have always wanted to attend, just never have. This event usually is used as the Endreign/Coronation for Drangonspine as well. It is always nice to have a Monarch of another Kingdom show up for these type of transitions of power within our game to show support and overall good will.

World Banner Wars 2018- Seeing as this is an Inter-Kingdom event hosted by Emerald Hills it makes since to be there. This allows the monarch to show his support of those autocrating and working this event as well has helping to show others visiting our kingdom the type of events we can come together and pull off for the whole of Amtgard.

Other outside Kingdom Events I hope can be a possibility are Golden Plains EndReign/Coronation, Wetlands Midreign (if possible), Burning Lands Midreign (if possible), The County of SkyWatch Regular park day or Midreign, and a Rivermoor event if at all possible, as well as Winter's Edge Midreign if the schedule and finances allow.
I think these groups and visits help show our ability to work with other kingdoms close to us and reaching out to kingdoms from our own history.

Create a King's round table of local leaders and volunteers to meet on a monthly to bi-weekly base to help create an environment within our borders to promote inter-park travel, communication as well as cooperation. This will also help promote the theme and roleplay for this reign which will be based on stopping the four horsemen from bringing about the apocalypse and end of times in biblical proportions. Hopefully this will keep us all on the same page as we move forward and flesh this theme out.

I honestly don't know how to answer this. I know I'm wise enough to know I don't know everything and therefore am willing to seek help. As well as simply doing the best I can given the circumstances that are brought to me.

Armek Dark Labrys:

For IK events, I would say Banner Wars, Keep, and Clan. For Banner Wars, I would be supporting our own kingdom and our own IK event. For Clan, it’s where all the kingdoms get together. For Keep, it’s one of the bigger competitive Northern events, and it shows a willingness to meet the Norther n kingdoms halfway in terms of relations. As for other Kingdom events, it would be to build good relations with the populace of other kingdoms. How can you ask other kingdoms to go to your events if you don’t bother showing up for theirs?

I would have a series of different tournaments lined up for the parks of the kingdom. Some would be serious, others goofy, and a few that aren’t just specifically oriented to our stick fighters. I would like to see our casual tournaments represent more of a variety of fighting styles. For goofy tournaments, I would like to implement more sluff and meat shield tournaments. I would also like to see more archery and throwing tournaments to give other people a chance to express their talents beyond just stick fighting.

As everybody knows, this is my first time running for a kingdom office. I have, however, done multiple terms as park GMR and Champion. I have also traveled a lot and observed other kingdom’s champions. Some of their ideas can be implemented to improve this kingdom also.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives