Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun

Post subject: Swords for sell?
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:38 pm 

I was interested in buying some swords that way I had something to practice with. I don't have tons of money and I can't really order anything offline without a card, so I figured if I posted it here, I could pay someone at Midnight Sun. I really like flat blades, but any swords will do. I don't mind if they aren't brand new. I considered attempting to make one of my own, but my resources are limited. Thanks guys.

Post subject: Re: Swords for sell?
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:26 pm 

Okay, I just made myself one. Its pretty good if I do say so myself, but I still would like to hear if anyone has any for sell.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:48 pm 

seal usually does. if your interested, ill see if i can bring him to ms for a kingdom visit

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:53 pm 

Sure. Do you know his prices or should I message him or what?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:14 pm 

i wanna say 7 to 10 for a sword, but he might make you a deal. his email is sealblackhawk@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:50 pm 

Wow. Thats pretty cheap. Also, I can't find where it tells me if my sword meets regulation. Do you by any chance know how many inches the entire sword can be, or if there is a limit?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:59 pm 

the length depends on the type of sword the most common are short sword which is 19 - 36 inches long and the long sword which is 37-48 inches long. there is a guide to building a sword in the rule book and all requirements for them. Good place to start as far as requirements is if you can feel the core through the padding its not legal. the tip can not fit through a 2.25 inch ring. Here is a link to a copy of the rule book if you do not have one http://www.amtgard-eh.com/library.html after you go to the link click on 7.5 rulebook (you will need adobe reader to open it) if you have any problems just let me know you can PM on here i am usually off and on the forum through out the day

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:04 pm 

I've already read it. I just wasn't sure if it said it in there and when I looked again, I didn't see it. But thank you for you help very very much. And according to this yard stick, I'm legal. I also let my grandma hit me a few times and didn't feel much, but I think shes just scared to hit me. :)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:10 pm 

the size and general requirements for swords starts on pg. 5 of the rule book. the sword contruction is on pg. 9. Ya i am sure she didnt like the idea of hitting you. Try pressing down on the tip and bottom of the sword as hard as you can. If you can not feel the core there you are good. Do the same on the sides, again if you can not feel the core you should be good

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:18 pm 

here this link may help you its a book marked version of the rule book. It will make it easier to find the information you are needing at the time. http://www.amtgardinc.com/documents.html just click on bookmarked RoP

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:28 pm 

Thanks! :) I pressed down on my sword, and since its core is PVC pipe, it kinda bent. But its good.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 pm 

If you didnt feel the core (with the exception of feeling something stopping you from pushing down any further) you should be good. Its always good to be on the safe side and take it with you to park the guys should be more than happy to take a look at it and tell you if there is any areas that need to be fixed and how you can fix them. They may also give you some ideas on how to build it better the next time.Also be sure to put a cover on the sword it will add a little extra padding and help protect the foam some thing as simple as panty hose or a long sock will work fine but I would highly recommend a fabric cover as they are more durable, will last longer and provide more padding. you can usually pick up enough fabric to cover a sword or 2 for about $1-$2 at any place that sells fabric. 1/2 yd - 1 yd will go good ways when it comes to sword covers and it doesnt have to be expensive fabric. Broad cloth fabric is usually the cheapest

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 am 

A long sock might work, because I can't find any panty hose or opaque around my house.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:07 am 

a sock or 2 would be fine as long as it cover the sticking end of the sword

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:50 pm 

I made a longsword, two shortswords, and two daggers. I'm gonna take them to MS on Saturday to make sure they're all legal. :D

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Midnight Sun