Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:35 pm 

simply this..FOD should be 1/4 and here is the rationalization.

It is not the end all be all spell...monks and palis are immune along with pro death, and pro mag It does not do enough damage to be justified in being so expensive for the level attained
this was done with call lighting for similar reasons so all arguments there apply here except that only ap's are immune to cl....along with pro fire and pro mag and it does not stop barb fad....well neither does FOD these are similar spells and should be treated as such. FOD has a longer range justifying the necessity of gaining it at higher levels

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:30 am 

also engulfing spells such as entangle, pet, and iceball should remove one point of invul (such as stoneskin) to all locations not just one.

and a width requirement to flat bladed swords.....as the rules stand now, i could have a pencil thin flat.....as long as there was 1.5 in of padding on the strike surface and the whole thing was 2.25.

madu should be made its own classification of weapon. or redefined to be something like "shield and x weapon combined (sheild and short, long, reach etc.) so something like a down madu would be shield and reach, whereas a middle madu could be either shield and long or short. this would open the weapon up to more people, just depends on thier weapon stats if they can use it.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:11 am 

You're asume all those spells are engulfing.

Also, I think that anyone suffering from Subdual Class spells be disallowed from taking an invulnerability hit to shrug it off. This would really have an impact on gameplay.

Fixed enchantments should be adjusted on an individual level for your egulfing concerns, as the asumption that "engulfing" isnt actually there in most cases, my best example of why "engulfing" would really change the game schema is shield usage. SPHERE used to kill you no matter what it hit, now I am hearing otherwise. ;)

[/align]

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:26 pm 

yeah i agree about the madu thing. when you have an extra sword in your shield hand and someone pings it and the shield is destroyed as well is totaly gay.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:34 am 

the spells i listed are the only ones specifically listed as engulfing

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard