Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: WBW Vs TOE
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:28 pm 

I have yet to say openly if I was going to attend either of these events. It wasn't out of lack of hope that it wouldn't matter. It wasn't out of the ability to pick a side. It darn sure wasn't out of wanting to see one group of friends over another. It was because I was really planning on attending both events. I'm lucky enough to live on the right side of the DFW area that both events are well within striking range for me on either Friday for one and Saturday for the other.

But now I can safely say that while TOE has (depending on who your talking to) been totally accused of being a protest event.

And depending on who you talk to, the site of WBW was moved to spite the actions of certain people who are financially tied to TWF.

In the long run I just don't care for the bad politics and poor sportsmanship that has came up over this particular situation. If I attend either event I will be showing some form of support for one side or the other and in truth I think all parties involved are as wrong as the other. Instead of trying to negotiate a happy medium both parties instead thought of themselves and their own wants and needs and not of the Kingdom populace as a whole.

So when faced with a choice of attending either events or tending to my own wants and needs I decided to follow the example of both parties involved and I decided to make some extra coin at work this weekend.

I hope all parties attending either event have the best time possible despite all the bad politics and poor sportsmanship. I on the other hand, will enjoy the lack of bad politics, poor sportsmanship and my own feast Saturday night at Joe's Crab Shack!

[smilie=icon_twisted.gif] [smilie=icon_cool.gif] [smilie=icon_evil.gif]

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard