Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Flyers/park advertising
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:46 pm 

Again splitting this off from the "Park Status" thread in hopes of reducing drift, but I'm just gonna pop in real quick and suggest that we *NOT* do a Kingdom-wide flyer.

I know that's often perceived as a model of efficiency because we only need to make one and then a gajillion copies, and some may see it as a way to get out the word that Amtgard happens all over the place, but I've never been happy with the flyers that list all the Metroplex parks on one page, because

1) You can't say much more than where and when each one meets, which means

2) You don't have a lot of room to actually sell the game in general.

[hr]

Also, I've been toying with an idea that might be useful for parks that can draw from high school populations (so probably not Eagleshire - sorry, guys). I was trying to figure out a way to sell Amtgard to the *parents* as a viable alternative for weekend activities, instead of a weekend job or whatever the trendy sport of the season is. If anybody on the "inside" of any of the public schools can give me ideas of what sort of publications go home to the parents, I'd appreciate it. Rant had considered buying ad space in the school papers to try and attract the kids themselves, too.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:16 pm 

Good points.

I am mulling the possibility of a double sided e-flyer and print version for the current and active parks. So in essence, you'd have a set of flyers (one for each park) with Park contact info/monarchy, meet times and places with a map and on the other side have an explanation of the Amtgard.

So when we do demos, we can have options in flyers for people in certain areas.

Will be working on it ASAP.

Also, the upcomming newsletter will be having a parks breakdown with park monarchy and location info. It will also contain a refresher on what Amtgard is. Why, cause maybe a prospect player will pick it up at a friends house and it'll have info other than crown qual results (which will be included as well).

So much to do and so little time! Argh!

Regards
S

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:59 am 

Here’s a thought, only list the major parks (maybe Midnight Sun and Eagle Shire, etc). It would suck for new people to go out to a park and find no one (as I have heard about Morningwood Glen and so forth). So maybe 2-3 larger maps printed out on the flyer and possibly on the backs very small maps or a couple lines of description.

Another thought is making a 2 page flyer, ya it may cost some more time/money but given human nature it weighs on the side of someone’s subconscious not being wasteful in that a single flyer is sometimes just a bother and most people will use it as scrap or simply discard it or forget it. But 2 pages will also allow a more detailed explanation of Amtgard and it’s locations.

Also using some nice artwork may help catch peoples attention.

A small pamphlet even or in addition to flyers so we can distribute both.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:12 pm 

Zhanell and Nicodemus actually put together some really neat pamphlets that we handed out during our last few cineplex demos. I especially appreciated the one that is geared toward girls. :D

Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:49 am 

Ok I'm a little late in posting, but K'tai, Eagleshire actually has 5 high schools withing 15 min driving distance and more if you go down to lewisville (20-25 minute drive max).

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard