Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:08 pm 

Battlegame/Quest Info for Coronation XXXVII

Hear ye! Hear ye! Come one come all to the Coronation of HRM Reine and Regent Sir Forest and bid farewell to reign 36, with HRM Clio and Regent Blaise.

Join the Royal Guard, watch out for shadowy Highway men, and guard your money purses and throats around scurvy pirates!

When: June 23-25, 2006
Where: Tanglewood Forest - Corsicana, TX
Gate Fee: $15 per person *some exceptions may apply

----------------

24hr Roleplay Event, so come ready to play your role. Orange armbands will be distributed at gate to represent Out of Game status. Glow sticks may also be provided. Please bring your own. Red/Orange means campsite is off limits to roleplay/questing and Green means all clear for roleplay interaction. Simply hang a colored glow stick at your campsite entrance.

Event Rules:
-Armband and kingdom money will be distributed at gate
-Allowances will be made by highest kingdom status
-Use orange armbands to signal out of game status. Don't abuse it, eh.
-Use coins to barter, trade, and buy.
-Money is lootable up to a maximum of 1 coin per death and 25% at moment of shattering (rounded down).
-To loot, looter must place foot on victims foot and repeat 'looting' x 5
-Logistics will be stationed at (TBA) and will provide info, instructions and money
-Roleplay begins at 4pm Friday and ends at 6pm Saturday.
-Lives reset at 4am Saturday, marking the start of a new 'game'.
-Court/feast rules will be posted.
-Ditching field will also be known as the Gladiator Pits and betting is encouraged.
-Armbands not required for Court/Feast

Battlegame/Relic Quest slatted for 2pm Saturday.

----------------

Relics to be awarded for this event!

Gauntlets of Ogre Power (Coronation)
Weapons wielded by the wearer's Gauntleted hand(s) are considered (non-magically) bladesharped/bludgeoned while meleeing. There are no damage categories above "double red" that bladesharp/bludgeon can elevate a weapon to.

Mithril Chain (Coronation)
The wearer of this tabard has 3 (three) points of armor where the tabard covers. May only be worn by classes normally allowed to wear armor and may not exceed that classes armor maximum. Like normal armor, is fully restored at the beginning of each life after having died. This armor is NOT affected by a 6th level warrior's +1 to all armor worn class ability.

Orb of Healing (Coronation)
Allows a healer to cast the heal spell by saying "Sword cut, spear stab, mace smash, arrow jab, the white light of healing has healed thou" and allows the healer to resurrect each player on his team once in addition to his normal resurrects. In the hands of any other class it allows the user to cast the heal spell as per healer. All granted Heals and Resurrects are magical in nature.

Homestone (Coronation)
Allows the holder to mend broken weapons and shields ("I mend this item" x10). It also allows the person’s dead teammates to come back alive at his location rather than having to return to their base. Armor and enchantments may not be mended by this relic.

Sword of Flame (Coronation)
It is considered flame and will kill a victim if it strikes any legal unprotected area (as per the enchantment enchant weapon). Confers upon itself and its owner protection from flame. It is itself impervious to an iceball and entangle. May only be used by the owner for one life per game. May not be shared between players during a game. Unlike Flameblade, is NOT red nor does it free Iceball/Entangled players.

----------------------

Roleplay Theme 'Cult of Mallabus' Climax and Endgame:

The cult has managed to destroy the 2nd to last glyph on the black obelisk and only one final glyph remains between the release of the dark god of chaos Mallabus. Rumours of disappearing populace have now been confirmed as war parties have confronted shadows, goblins, and other monsters of pestilance and plague. Other groups have sought out proff of the glyphs and have returned as beleivers in the prophecies.

The old man alchemist Ariel, has been found and is in the safe custody of the Barony of Midnight Sun. At this moment he is attempting to convince Baroness Faith to raise an alarm so that the kingdom is not caught unaware and by suprise.

Assassinations have plagued the Emerald Hills, their motives unknown. Word has it that key figures who may have information or would stand in the way of the approaching darkness are being silenced.

Reports have also come in from the shorelines that a dark storm approaches with sightings of shadows rising from the depths of the sea only to destroy all in their path.

Come and bolster the ranks of the mighty kingdom army and save your home and family from certain demise.

---------------------------------

Feast being provided by Crawling Chaos. Court/Feast times TBA

---------------------------------

I hope as many of you make it out to this event.

Anyone wanting to NPC or has previously helped NPC please do get in touch with me privately and instructions will be sent to you!

Thanks again all!
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:48 pm 

I will help as I can. I am not going to be able to make it to the event until sometime Saturday ( I am hoping early).

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:04 pm 

You help Sir Forest will indeed be an extremly useful and looked forward to!

And I too, offer my help with your reign as regent.

Regards
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:13 pm 

Okay, so here's an idea.

If you're playing, don't wear the kingdom-supplied armband. If you're not, then wear the kingdom-supplied armband! Yeaahh!

Seriously, thanks Sir Forest and Sir Brennon for streamlining the process/procedure of armbands for use at Amtgard approved events/gatherings.

It's important because this idea will have great bearing in the future endeavors Sir Forest and others will strive for!

So this guideline sounds great*:
1. No sash with armband, not playing at all.
2. No sash, non-fighting NPC.
2. Sash, in play.
3. Sash with armband, temporarily out of play.
*again, red glowsticks/medallions on a person or at campsite entrance [in the dark] will help denote 'out of game/not playing' status

And as it has been previously mentioned, the armband scenario could be abused so don't be an arse and swing/shoot at someone wearing a dark colored sash that seems to 'camo' into their clothing. Like, I don't know, an assassin?

NO ARMBAND WITH SASH=OPEN GAME.

I'll have a handful of reeves/npc's to help replace lost/damaged armbands, so as not to have folks running to the gate/logistics for replacements and fear 'ganking'.

Being a wide-eyed noob, I'd be willing to bet that if the populace are trusted and cordially invited to play nice and by the spirit of the game and rules, it would happen. Wishful thinking, hey, the tooth fairy and I can always hope.

Night modules will/may be running in the dark hours between Friday Night/Saturday morning so an armband will work as your 'get out of role-play' card. Please don't abuse it?

Also, wearing a red glow sticks/medallion will improve your chances of not getting 'ganked' in the dark.

And no Sirrakhis, don't collect players sashes, they are worthless to logistics and will not count towards final team point score. ;p

Please do your best to provide your own glow sticks as there is no gurantee that there will be enough for every non-playing character. Again, the idea is to promote a roleplay environment where it'll be a blast to see as many people in character for a prolonged period of time.

Again, use your best judgement in interacting with each other.

It's easy to attack an in game well known 6th lvl. master barbarian, but maybe a better idea not to waylay on a fresh new face/noob or unarmed lady walking around from site to site. I'd like to see em come back ya know.

Roleplay verbal interaction is king!

Conclusion:
Have fun and don't be an @ss!

Regards
S - chump-a$$ biatch! [pro-tem]

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:36 pm 

NOOOOOOO!

I won't wear your armband??

I don't understand why you want to make ppl wear something to show they arn't playing???

Don't you get it?? No arm band , no sash, no play ...simple as it gets

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:30 am 

Monsters don't wear sashes. So anyone without a sash or armband is a monster? :)

Seriously, the idea is for a 24 hour "in game" quest. If you do not want to play in it, then wear the arm band. I promise they don't hurt and we won't laught at you if it clashes with your outfit. I mean, we'll stil llaugh at you, but not because of the armband. :twisted:

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:53 pm 

Bullshit Are you going to tell me that you want to make out a shitload of armband and tell everyone that doesnt want to play that they have to wear an arm band??

How fucking stupid is this?
All guest that show have to wear one
All non combatants have to wear one??
Fuck that ...
How much easier does it get to wear an armband if yoyu play and let everyone who isnt play wear and do nothing, How much easier does it get to see that if they don't have an arm band that they arn't playing?

This is an ass way to try to force participation from everyone.
What happens when ppl complain that they was attacked and didnt mean to play?

Either wasnt paying atterntion when it was told they had to wear so fucking arm band to opt out of play, how much easier is it just to have the rules say that if you arent playing don't wear and armband?
Then allthose not paying attention or noobs, visitors are automaticly opt'd out. No accidents no mistakes

No Play, no sash, no armband.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:40 am 

Falamar, no one is going to make you wear an armband. But no one is going to feel sorry for you if you whine about it either. The set up is is simple. The people who show up fotr a 24 hour role play event, but decide not to participate, will be given arm bands to wear to denote that they are out of game.

You can choose to wear it or not, but if someone attacks you because they don't see you wearing an armband...well that will be your problem.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:47 pm 

Ya know what muther fucker.. plan on having me attack you at every opportunity cock sucker.
And is that the attitude you will take when a guest/vistor or non combatant gets attcked? because of your stupid fucking rule?
When it would lose all confusion if the non participants could opt out by just not wearing it?

And if so then you are a fucking piece of shit

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:06 pm 

I am sure that visitors/new players will be willing to follow the guideline set forward in the event rules. But if they choose not to, then they will be subject to being attacking in game.

Sorry you want to take this personally. Facts are facts. if you want to "do it your own way" then just don't complain if someone attacks you thinking you are in game.

And you can attack me all you want. then you will be in game and won;t need to wear the armband....problem solved.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:25 pm 

I dont have to be in your little rp game to assassinate your hi office ass
Nor will the lack or presence of an armband stop me from it either

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:43 pm 

It does make more sense for the participants to wear the armband.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:50 pm 

Yes IT does. Thats what I don't get. This is not normal SOP for Forest.
Someone must be suk'n his cock or something, he is normally the crybaby bleeding heart that would be outraged at such a fucking rule.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:49 pm 

I'll explain it again:

Players will have on sashes. NPCs/monsters will not have on sashes.

This is SOP. So since this is a 24 role play event. The new group would be people who show up, but choose not to partake in the role play. Those people will be denoted with a provided arm band. No one will force them to wear it. but if they choose not to, they run the risk of being mistaken for an NPC/Monster.

So Falamar, if you decide to quit being a keyboard amtgardian and actually show up, then you can make that choice. But stop bitching about it. Some of us are trying to make the game better. What are you doing?

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:37 pm 

Hey Forest go fuck yourself I sign in enough to be considered active
Why the fuck cant you see that wearing nothing is a better note that wearing an armband to say Im not playing, How the fuck cant you say that your fucking way is better. Since when are you for forceing anyone to do anything fucknut?

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard