Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: deceptive wording
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:36 pm 

God Damnit Kodiak!!!!
Be reasonable. Ofcourse that doesn't count as towards the freeing of the leg. It is a hit. Off with the leg. I am not opposed to Forest's suggestion of every now and again. It would be easier to just say it once so you can keep track of how many times you hit the leg. I could do it the other way. but I'd rather not.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:50 pm 

I wasn't trying to be unreasonable. I just wanted to verify that we were just talking about assuming that hits to the leg by friendly targets were attempts to free the leg, not that all hits to the leg were attempts to free the leg. I didn't mean my asking that to come across as an attack at all, it was just a request for clarification.

Personally, I'm a little dismayed at the "say it once every time you hit the leg" ruling, because it increases the amount of time required for someone to free themselves from earthbind, and because "say 'free this leg' ten times or more, but hit yourself in the leg precisely ten times" is kind of a weird challenge when you're trying to do it as fast as possible.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:23 pm 

ok. so. you are on my side. that is all well. glad to here from you. thought you were just throwing pompus dumb-ass shit out to be an ass and beguile me.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:35 pm 

i wouldn't say he is on your side zig........he is just not being confrantational on this. Because he is part of the crowd that bitched you and thrasher out about the beer at the park..

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:51 pm 

Well I gave those deserving what was coming to them. That fucker is basically on my side concerning how we think the spell should be played.....however if that spell wasn't fucking in there in 6.0 or 5.0 or 4.0 or 3.0 or 2.0 or. muther fucking original, and before it was orginal... then it can go. I'll have no part in it. AhHem!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:30 pm 

well i totally agree. i don't understand why we need a new rulebook every few years anyways. these people should quit trying to change the game and just play the game.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:18 pm 

I'd appreciate if you did not refer to me as "that fucker." Thanks.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:22 pm 

OK THAT FUCKER

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:55 pm 

yes. yes. that was rather rude of me. Kodiak the Offended!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:38 am 

The only reason I have a comment on the subject concerning "Earthbind" is in so much as the Assassin ability to make traps has now fallen into the same effect as "earthbind".

The effect for a trap, would be that a person could not move...
that is to say, that they are "Trapped"...
If you give them the ability to free themselves...
What point is the Trap...???

The original material componenet for a trap was a ring or loop of rope, cord or fabric, to similate a "noose" which all "old timers" know was strung from a tree and the vitum was caught and held upside down...
thereby rendering them "trapped" and unable to free themselves.

As for being killed by your own teammate, no matter what the weapon...
You're still dead... friendly fire or intentional attack... STILL DEAD...!!!

Delphos 8)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:24 am 

I think it was an unwise decision to lump the trap in with earthbind. The trap works as Delphos says at least that is how all the old men see it. But earthbind is roots growing out of the ground trapping your feet and legs at least that was what it used to mean.
And just because things are decided on e-sam doesn't mean eh has to agree. I mean seriously when did we start being like everyone else? Is it because some whelp said so? Well,he/she/they don't speak for me or others and we want our own voice to be heard and the ability to make up our own minds. That seems fair does it not

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:41 am 

After some deliberation and thinking from the Druidic point of view...
I would think that the vines growing up out of the ground would wrap around an entire person, not just thier legs... And if you were to chop the vines near the top, they would just grow more from the ground.
Doesn't the wording say... cannot move...???
Not... cannot move legs or cannot walk...???
Cannot Move...!!!
That should mean that they cannot free themselves, as that would constitute "moving". Right...???

The "spell" or "ability" is designed to render a person helpless and incapacitated, thereby another person has to respond and render aid, or leave the "victim"... thus slowing the team down to "rescue" a valued member... or at least otherwise occuping two members of the opposing team.
If left behind, the "victim" is at the mercy of the Assassin, or other class, to kill or otherwise remove from the field...(ie. subdue & hold for ransom or torture).

To give the "victim" the capacity to free themselves, negates the entire purpose of the "ability"...!!!

Delphos 8)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:36 am 

tolken";p="841 wrote:
ZigTheFurious wrote:
I'm not going to play it that way. I suggest Tolken use his powers as rules representative to go and get it changed to the way that I want. If any questions arise concerning how I think it should be played please read former posts or contact me by some means.

I had already planned on making a suggestion to the rules commitee. However, even if the other reps agree to add this to the list of proposed changes, the vote on the changes isn't until Clan. Until such time, the wording is the way it is, and Rayel's (the GMR) ruling is the way it is to be played.

Until such time...the monarch and the GMR can in fact make an on the spot ruling until the next allthing or official ruling from clan clarifying this same issue.

Your hands arent tied here. Make the call.

[/align]

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:50 am 

And I am neither the monarch or the GMR. The GRM (Rayel) made his call back on page two.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:55 am 

Sir Delphos wrote:
The original material componenet for a trap was a ring or loop of rope, cord or fabric, to similate a "noose" which all "old timers" know was strung from a tree and the vitum was caught and held upside down...
thereby rendering them "trapped" and unable to free themselves.

I can't speak for 5th edition or before since I was not around, but 6.0 did state that a person could free themselves

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard