Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: deceptive wording
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:57 pm 

who the hell is rule *ambassador* they should only have to say it once, and You shouldn't have to say it at all. and it fact I won't.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:14 pm 

From my research: Tolken is the rules ambassador.

I move for Tolken to get onto this spell being changed to the way that I mentioned earlier.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:24 pm 

IF this is not the way to play it, then someone also needs to inform the BannerWars reeves who called numerous players dead on the field because of it. Fytakin, it was not directed at you, it has been played that way at EVERY (read all) interkingdom events I have been to...I really don't care about you or yours. If you ever field a team, then you might be given some consideration, otherwise the cockroach comment from Nettle applies. I quit listening to you when you attacked the peeps who stood up for your knighting..(ie Sir Ice and others) so flap you gums from the sidelines and dont bother to read the book, cause it only matters to others.

"Only those with honor are afraid of loosing it"

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:55 pm 

Kenta wtf are you talking about? you are the one that tried to lie to weasel and say a bunch or horrid stuff about me that wasn't true so she would leave me i'm guessing for you, thats a laugh. and as far as the knighting thing goes again WTF are you talking anout and why does a lowly squire like you know anything about it to start with? as far as interkingdom events go this is a game to me. and i don't have the time or resources to go to every little event, not to mention i have a life. i have the read the book several times as i am not a rules-lawer like others that little insugnificant rule had escaped me mostly because i don't play scout. So look here mister holier than thou shove your head back up ices butt and shut up you were exactly the knob gobbler i respectfully asked not to hear from. so if you don't like my melicious attack on you and yours then quit trying to pick on a service company. who keeps showing you up and doing the actual work rather than just talk abut it.. From what i hear going to the rgk meetings is all it took to show you up. but that is another joke you won't get. As far as your company goes you guys are the........... you know what I'm better than that and you wouldn't get it anyways. reallity waisted on deaf ears.....yours. your just mad cause i go to sleep with weasel everynight and all you got is a hand that you have to get drunk lol please reaquire your sence of humor. I miss my old friend but he is obviously dead and i say good riddens to the punk you want to be.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:55 pm 

yeah. He once was a pleasant fellow. Now, he looks grim. Where's your :) 's Kenta? You haven't been taken over by a parasite have you?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:38 am 

Kenta RedHawk";p="821 wrote:
IF this is not the way to play it, then someone also needs to inform the BannerWars reeves who called numerous players dead on the field because of it. Fytakin, it was not directed at you, it has been played that way at EVERY (read all) interkingdom events I have been to...I really don't care about you or yours. If you ever field a team, then you might be given some consideration, otherwise the cockroach comment from Nettle applies. I quit listening to you when you attacked the peeps who stood up for your knighting..(ie Sir Ice and others) so flap you gums from the sidelines and dont bother to read the book, cause it only matters to others.

"Only those with honor are afraid of loosing it"

NE SUPRA CREPIDAM SUTOR IUDICARET. Let a cobbler not judge beyond a sandal. ("Stick with what you know.")

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:56 pm 

Okay, so while reeving, I ran into this same predicament at the April Fool's quest. I held the game and asked Martello and Rayel (yes, I name dropped).

"Victim cannot move until each of his legs are struck ten times with a slashing or bludgeoning weapon... Anyone attempting to free the victim must state "free this leg" while doing so or the hits strike the player as normal."

So the way I see it played now is that the victim says nothing at all and anyone outside of that has to say it for the duration of hacking at legs. Does that mean since the victim can free themselves that they become a vulnerable target for attack/majicks?

Is that right Tolken?
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:58 pm 

Nothing in the ability says that a person is protected from attacks so they are a valid target.

As far as the victim not having to say "free this leg," I disagree. It says anyone attempting to free the leg. To me that includes the victim. However, Rayel is the GMR and it is his call.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:54 pm 

Upon review of the rulebook, ESam, the events in question, and
this thread...

Decision 1-The victim can free themselves. The only restriction
to the victim shal be that they cannot move their feet.

Decision 2-"Free this leg" MUST be said, as it is a game mechanic
alerting people that an attempt is being made to reverse the
Earthbind.

Decision 3-"Free this leg" MUST be said for each hit, to differentiate
it from a normal strike.

Decision 4-Self-inflicted injuries only matter if you (generic you) or the
reeve say they did As such, any attempt by oneself to free oneself from
Earthbind without stating "free this leg" will not result in freedom, and
you'll only die if you choose to. Calling other people's wounds when
you are not a reeve is a no-no.

Decision 5-Normal rules of damage apply if the rescuer (whoever that
is) fails to state "free this leg." Multiple hits to the same leg, and
no other injuries, does not kill a person.

Practical Example Explanation:

Scenario 1:
Thangorn and Sutra advance on Tolken. Tolken Earthbinds Sutra.
Thangorn hits Sutra 10 times in the right leg without saying "Free
this Leg". Sutra loses a leg.

Scenario 2:
Thangorn and Sutra advance on Tolken. Tolken Earthbinds Sutra,
Thangorn advances on Tolken while Sutra hits himself 10 times
in each leg, but forgot to state "free this leg." Sutra is still stuck.

==
Rayel
EHGMRS-06

Rayel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:56 pm 

I'm not going to play it that way. I suggest Tolken use his powers as rules representative to go and get it changed to the way that I want. If any questions arise concerning how I think it should be played please read former posts or contact me by some means.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:32 pm 

Since it says you must state it "while" striking the leg I assume that means you must keep saying it. I'd liken it to sanctuary. Just repeat it every few seconds till you are done.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:49 am 

ZigTheFurious wrote:
I'm not going to play it that way. I suggest Tolken use his powers as rules representative to go and get it changed to the way that I want. If any questions arise concerning how I think it should be played please read former posts or contact me by some means.

I had already planned on making a suggestion to the rules commitee. However, even if the other reps agree to add this to the list of proposed changes, the vote on the changes isn't until Clan. Until such time, the wording is the way it is, and Rayel's (the GMR) ruling is the way it is to be played.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:54 pm 

Rayel";p="836 wrote:
Scenario 1:
Thangorn and Sutra advance on Tolken. Tolken Earthbinds Sutra.
Thangorn hits Sutra 10 times in the right leg without saying "Free
this Leg". Sutra loses a leg.

Scenario 2:
Thangorn and Sutra advance on Tolken. Tolken Earthbinds Sutra,
Thangorn advances on Tolken while Sutra hits himself 10 times
in each leg, but forgot to state "free this leg." Sutra is still stuck.

Score i was used as an example...im just here to say i agree with forest on the say it every few seconds...

4. Genghis Khan
Honor the great generals of old

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:01 pm 

seems to me since this rulebook wasn't sanctioned by the ruleing parties namely arimithris and a couple of others. And was in fact a bastard creation of the rules committee headed up by fore-skin nibbler by his own admittance you know of which i speak the ten dollar knight. That maybe we should make our own rule committee and rewrite the rulebook yet again. And this time lets make the rules clear and concise. No deceptive wording and make sure that the writers of the game itself agree. Which would be more than what the ten dollar knight did. we can write rules too. better yet why dont we do it just like the fore-skin nibbler did it. put it out lie to everyone and tell them that it is official and play it anyways. because that is not the only bull i have found in the rulebook. i agree with zig how are we expected to hold this book serious when the very foundation of the rulebook was formed on lies and deceit. And is full of crap like this. (sarcasticly spoke) "all hail the ten dollar fore-skin nibbler knight". And nibbler don't go whining to clio because she does not control my actions. i did this as i do everything, on my own. this rulebook is a farce and everyone knows it........and some of us have the backbone not to submit to this crap.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:18 pm 

I'm curious - if a person is, for whatever reason, ignoring the rule that they must state "free this leg," will they also assume that their enemies' shots to the leg count as attempts to free the leg?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard