Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:11 pm 

Our philosophy: “it is much easier to have fun if you keep things simple”
We intend to enjoy our terms in office as much as meeting our responsibilities will allow. To Sir Everlast this is an athletic hobby and he invites you to join him on the field of combat and in other tests of strength and agility. To me this is a wondrous place outside the real world where creativity can flourish and diverse imaginations come together. Between us we feel we can provide a balanced and enjoyable experience for a vast majority of the populace.

Amtgard is a LARP and we will put the emphasis more on Live Action than Role Play. The continued development of your character is of course encouraged, as it is inherent to the concept of this type of game. We will certainly be playing-up our positions and personas; however, we will not be developing any elaborate scenarios for online discourse to accompany our reign’s park based festivities.

Our Theme: Viking invaders from the north. Simple “us vs. them” battlegames. Each park has a personality therefore the King’s strategy will change with every encounter.

Seeking Audience with the King
Your king shall not have an informal presence on this forum or otherwise distract himself with petty squabbles. His formal presence will be in the form of official announcements only, which he will not make himself, as that is the job of the scribe and the herald. In our Amt-reality this is the public square. Members of the populace and visitors alike are welcome to gather to converse, get up on a soapbox and rave, hawk wares, post reviews and whatnot as they see fit; however, do not expect the distracting clatter and hubbub of daily life in the realm to invade to the haven of our castle for there are scrolls to review, festivals to plan and village leaders to confer with.

We believe in the chain of command but understand that sometimes you just need to talk to the king. I, as the gatekeeper (regardless of my potential Regency), will gladly field all requests and schedule times to meet with his majesty concerning any official business matters. If your concern is truly of such great importance that it demands the attention of the king he hopes you understand his desire to take the time to give you his full attention and possibly request an opportunity to prepare for the discussion. Any inconsiderate attempts to usurp his focus from whatever his matter at hand may be at a park or event will not be tolerated by the king’s guard.

To answer the burning question:
Just as was the common practice long before his previous term in office any child under the age of 14 will be reviewed on an individual basis at the parent or legal guardian’s request; however, since there are no approvals to let stand from the previous reign he asks that you not immediately allow your children on the field. To facilitate the review process I encourage those impacted by the ban to pre-register their child(ren) with me so I can plan our earliest park visits accordingly.

Lastly, a disclaimer; in the course of our term Sir Everlast fully intends to play the part of king and as such will say pompous, antagonistic and sometimes insulting things. Please do not take these jibes to heart as they are meant as opportunities to play along as appropriate to your chosen idiom.

This is our favorite game. We like to go to our local park, travel to other parks and see other kingdoms. There will be all the traditional tournaments and quests along with lots of barbaric raiding and all out wars and other fun stuff along the way. Come play some good-ole’-fashion medieval themed live action role-play with us.

In service to the dream,
Faunna

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard