Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Althing Submissions
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:59 pm 

LMAO ...see there is a labeling attempt right there. I'm not a part of anything other than this Kingdom. Very funny and I'm not buying it. I'll support EH and want what is best for it. I'm not going to throw my hat into the ring of nay sayers ...it's too easy to take that course of action.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:47 pm 

TigerHawke wrote:
Geesh ...all the pages of posts complaining, whining, attacking ect and NOT one person stepping forward with any suggestion(s)for making our corpora better than ...vote no?
Where were all of you during the on line meetings?

incredible!!

Complaining, whining, attacking? That's way out of line, TigerHawke. I am really disappointed you would choose to respond to dissent by being so dismissive. I don't really know how you expect people to respond. I pointed out several ambiguous and problematic phrasings in this text, none of which, as far as I can see, were altered in the new version. I also had a Corpora suggestion of my own on the table before this turkey landed. Over the years I have made many suggested revisions to the Corpora. It's not that I don't want the Corpora to change.

Where were these proposed revisions, oh, during the entirety of the reign? It's really too late to actually do anything but vote no. Once this revision tanks, as I hope it will, we can start talking about salvaging some of the good ideas out of this effort.

This revision deserves to fail because so many important choices by our populace have been subordinated to the goal of revision, whether we approve of all those choices or not. We are being told this revision is a package deal, all-or-nothing, in or out. I reject that as a false choice created by a process that does not respect the populace's voice.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:02 pm 

Tsk tsk eh? gee everything is being takes SO personally. Some ppl did make suggestions, some ppl did attend the meetings. I know I did. Yet I still would of loved to have seen far more positive suggestions than what was posted. that is my owned personal opinion and I am not going to be scolded for what I feel. Disappointed in me? Geesh I was disappointed in one of your posts recently ...yet I didn't try and rub your nose in it.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:20 pm 

Excuse me I did pop in on one of the meetings, and to what extent...to be ignored and I wasnt the only one being ignored in the meeting. The meetings were a joke. Forget what the voting members of the EH agrees to in past althings. Forget what several knights have said about the changes to the CoK. A select few of the changes I can agree with but mostly in the areas of where some grey areas were cleaned up, but most of these changes are things HE wants to see change in the corpora regardless of what any of us has to say about it and all we can do to is vote against it and hope enough others agree

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:45 pm 

again ..didn't say you weren't there. Said ppl need to make positive suggestions instead of pissing on Finns leg ;) lol

Did I get what I suggested in the meetings ..no. Could/can I compromise and have the faith in the event that this new revision passes, that the wrinkles will get worked out ...damn skippy. So don't go kicking my ass for pointing out that I PERSONALLY think we could of done better ...had a better turn out at the meetings, possibly still be holding meetings if this was just so darn important. You don't have to agree with me ...I didn't ask anyone to agree with me ...geesh.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:22 pm 

TigerHawke wrote:
Tsk tsk eh? gee everything is being takes SO personally. Some ppl did make suggestions, some ppl did attend the meetings. I know I did. Yet I still would of loved to have seen far more positive suggestions than what was posted. that is my owned personal opinion and I am not going to be scolded for what I feel. Disappointed in me? Geesh I was disappointed in one of your posts recently ...yet I didn't try and rub your nose in it.

You are not being scolded for what you feel nor for holding an opinion. I called you out but I did not question your right to have an opinion. I left open the opportunity to apologize. Instead, you chose to double down on your poorly considered words, so I now respond by becoming more specific. You are the one who is being a complainer:

Complaining because other people have opinions.
Attacking other people for not having (in your opinion) earned the right to have an opinion.
Whining because an Althing revision being passed at the last minute is not being voted "yes" because yay you should vote yes.

Now, we can continue to discuss the merits of the proposal, or we can continue to discuss how you think everyone is stupid babies.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:04 pm 

Look, it's right there in front of your face...
From the Sunday night that these changes were actually posted to the very next Friday night, is all the time given to offer feed back (nevermind that it's all ignored or argued down). No park meetings, no chance to discuss, and then in two weeks an up or down vote… Really? Add to that a major “Family” holiday and throw in crown quals on top of that… Now, does that really sound like something on the level and good for the people of the Emerald Hills? Is that the way YOU would do it?

We here in the Hills have seen this kind of “politics” from the very beginning, going back to Aramithiris and even the SCA Where was the exposure? Why so little time? Why at the very end of the reign? How long has it been “in the works” and why wasn’t it made public until now?

These changes were never brought into the public eye until the very last minute.
This is an age old tactic.
Items only recently passed were omitted.
Items with reaching consequences have been put in with little information given as to those consequences.
All of these “political” maneuvers by someone who is a known “spin doctor”…

This entire “Althing” is Bullshit.
And if YOU can’t smell it, well maybe you should have your sinuses cleared!

Just sayin’

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:50 pm 

i have sneaking suspicion that this will pass no matter what "we" (as a people) vote. Not saying that I've seen it before, but watch it will pass or be a "tie" for the king to pass ultimate decision on.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:25 pm 

"Complaining because other people have opinions.
Attacking other people for not having (in your opinion) earned the right to have an opinion.
Whining because an Althing revision being passed at the last minute is not being voted "yes" because yay you should vote yes.

Now, we can continue to discuss the merits of the proposal, or we can continue to discuss how you think everyone is stupid babies."

Thanks DarkAngel for putting your twist/interpretation on what your thought I said. Of course ppl have the right to an opinion!! No one is right and no one is wrong here at all. Plus no one has to agree with what anyone posts anywhere in this forum. I have never said or even implied how ppl should vote on this ...that is absolutely none of my business how someone votes. and LOL no one here "is stupid babies" ...OMG. I like the ppl here. So please stop twisting my words to suit yourself. Thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:10 pm 

Kenta RedHawk wrote:
i have sneaking suspicion that this will pass no matter what "we" (as a people) vote. Not saying that I've seen it before, but watch it will pass or be a "tie" for the king to pass ultimate decision on.

It sounds like you are saying that Tigerhawk is going to rig the vote. I would hope you aren't stooping to that level. Can you clarify what you mean by your post?

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:21 pm 

Darkangel wrote:
Forest Evergreen wrote:
In keeping with my "true motivation" I would rather see the CoK behind the removal of a belt thatn an althing vote. Why? What could possibly be my "true motivation"? It's as simple as I have said. It would be HARDER to get a belt removed via the CoK and Monarch than via an althing.

Currently, the situation is that the Althing could do it.
In your proposal, the CoK + Monarch could do it. Also, the Althing could still do it.

Unless CoK + Monarch actually have a zero chance of doing anything, what you are saying literally cannot be true.

If you do not agree this is true, please state what is untrue in what I have just said.

Your math makes no sense. My statement is that it would be more difficult to get ther Knights to agree to pull a belt at 75% that the populace vote at 51%. Also in my proposal the Althing could NOT do it. Unless they 1st amended the corpora, but as I have said before, that could happen no matter how the corpora is written.
Quote:
Quote:
Why do I think that? Because most knights don't want belts to be stripped, EVER. They have a fear that there will be a "witch hunt" if they ever vote to remove a person's belt. So you can be sure that for the CoK to agree to remove a belt, the knight in question would have to have engaged in behavior that either at its core is so against our own moral code that it demands such an action, or prolonged behaviors over time that are seen as detrimental to the game but that the player refuses to correct.

That's a lot of horseshit, Forest. There was an actual witch hunt against me, which you decided to be a bystander to, and I have heard of discussions being raised concerning other knights. You are trying to claim that something cannot happen which literally did happen. Maybe you would like to apologize to me and swear that you would never let that happen again, but you cannot change that it happened.

I will try to explain this AGAIN since you and Delphos seem to keep not understanding. Brennon, who was Monarch, talked to the PM about removing your belt. The 2 of them agreed to it. He wanted opinions from the CoK before he did it. He then decided not to pull it. It was not a CoK vote. It was not initiated by the GMK. Had it been required to go through the process I am proposing, it would not have gotten as far as it did. It was not a witch hunt, it was Brennon and Carmony making a decision.

Quote:
It's kind of charming how you never miss an opportunity to mention how much you dislike my knighting. I guess that really bothers you, doesn't it?

I bring it up when it is relevant in the context of certain discussions. Yes, I think it was wrong to knight you. But see, that is why you don't understand me. I won't smile to your face and then bad mouth you behind your back. I will tell you up front how i feel.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:55 am 

I didn’t misunderstand ANYTHING…!!!
I was summoned by King B and told that TWO KNIGHTS had proposed/suggested/advised that Darkangel be stripped of his belt.
Brennon said that “most” of the knights he “asked” had agreed to this.
Then he came back around to inform me that he had decided NOT to strip the belt.
NOTHING was mentioned about a “decision” between the PM and the King.
*Carmony is/was not a Knight… try again!
DA’s math may be wrong, but what he is saying is spot on.
I have seen the Knight’s Circle manipulated, so I know it can be done.
You say it would be harder to get 75% of the Knights to agree than it would be to get 51% of a populace vote.
I say, with tactics like what you have used to bring about this Althing…
And the with the proposal you have put forward…
It would totally be possible for the “good ole boys” to screw a knight right out of his/her belt.
And YES you do smile in people’s faces and then talk shit about them later (behind their backs)… I’ve heard it and have also read it in print.

So MR. Politician… pure & simple…You’re a Liar!

Just sayin’

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:36 am 

Ah Delphos, there you go again being stupid. See, Brennon was the Monarch. Carmony was the PM. By Corpora (you know...that document you CLAIM to understand) the two of them could make ANY decision until the next althing.

The proposed althing would mean that the Monarch and PM could NOT strip a belt. The CoK would have to be involved. OH...OH....and MATH!!! See, a majority is 51%, now, go slow and do your best not to get lost on this one....75% is MORE thasn 51%. So it wouldn't be a simple majority.

I hope I didn't hurt your 1 track mind with this crazy ol' math or using actual facts from the written document. If it makes you feel any better, I expect nothing less that your next diatribe to tell me how I am wrong and somehow misquoted the Corpora, or how the math is wrong.

In fact, you MUST be right since SOoooooooo many knights have jumped on here saying how they can't wait to strip a be;t. Perhaps you can help me in that area. Exactly which knights are easily manipulated?

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:51 am 

First off Forest in some cases you would be right in the math. 75% is usually more then 51%. However in the case of 75% CoK is much less then 51% of the voting populous. 75% of 10 (the average active CoK) is about 7-8 (depending if you want to round up or down). 51% of 100 (the average of dues paid voting members that usually vote) is (drum role please) ......51. So the last time I checked and I am pretty sure things havent changed 51 is way more then 7 or even 8. So how do you figure it would be harder to get a belt removed through a CoK vote or an althing

Second this althing is turning into even more of a joke everyday. Here it is Saturday the first day of this so called althing and I have yet to hear anything from our EH PM and I am not the only PM who hasnt. No emails have not gotten lost in spam or any of that mess cause I have received emails from Tigerhawk on many other occassions.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:52 am 

ANY AND ALL WHO WANT TO ABOLISH THE RGK PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

A) Once the RGK is gone all of the RGK incentives also become null and void including Kingdom Hours and LAND GRANTS.

So, if you stand back and take a look at it. Once the RGK is taken away from us, there will be NO LAND HOURS and NO LAND GRANTS, making ALL CAMPING SPOTS AT TANGLEWOOD FOREST OPEN FOR PUBLIC CAMPING. This will include the areas currently taken by the Corsairs, Sable Pride, Wolf Pack and any other groups who have spent many long hours in both clearing and upkeep of their camping areas. IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT HAPPENING????

And believe me, there are people who WILL camp in those areas just because THEY CAN.

The only area that won't be taken is the Tavern and Saracen City because those already belong to the land owner.

That's all I have to say. Do as you wish. For I can't make you vote one way or another. I hope you use your common sense on this one. It's real important to us here at Tanglewood Forest.

P.S. ~ Don't piss off a lady that has a knife and rifle target in her backyard.

Rendezvous'rs are just kids with really BIG playgrounds....and black powder toys that go BOOM!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard