Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:25 pm 

[strike]Any Park of the Emerald Hills whose officers have not met the following conditions by the end of the calendar year 2008 shall be brought before the board of directors for review at the January BOD Meeting:

* At least one representative of each Park Monarchy is expected to have reported to the Crown in at least one of the following ways:
~ By appearance before her majesty in person, or by emissary, at tonight’s Coronation Court
~ By posting a proclamation of ascension in the park’s designated section of this Forum
~ By e-mail proclamation to the EH webmaster and monarch@amtgard-eh.com [/strike]

* All Park Chancellors are expected to have met the Prime Minister’s deadline for entering active player birth date information into the ORK.

For the purposes of Article I.F Under Age Players the term monarch refers to the highest officiate of the day’s festivities therefore a regular park day is inherently at the discretion of the park monarch. Please note that while this Kingdom monarch is tolerant of children participating in Amtgard she feels there are definite “frown lines”:

* Children should be at least 10 years old to be considered for play at Park level

* Children should be at lest 12.5 years old to be considered for play at Kingdom Level

Translations:

Don't make me hunt you down so I can do my job. I was uncontested so you've known for many weeks who the next monarch was going to be therefor I'm already displeased if you haven't checked in. If you don't know the first thing about being a park monarch and are dumbfounded by how useless the corpora is in that respect you're about to get your first tutorial. :) If your park doesn't have a monarch it falls to one of the other park officers (Champion, PM or Regent) to cover that base until I can help your park get on it's feet. Park PM's should already be in regular contact with the Kingdom Prime Minister.

So then, if you just stepped up in to a park monarch spot check your park's data as posted on http://www.amtgard-eh.com/parks.html for accuracy. Then copy me, monarch@amtgard-EH.com, when you e-mail Webmaster@Amtgard-EH.com with the updates. If this doesn't happen, and I do mean soon so I can plan my travels, it's going to make me cranky.

Also, the question that was most asked of the last monarch, what about kids? Amtgard has never, in my mind, been a children's game and I do not encourage targeting children for recruitment. I respect some parks ability to accomplish a true village setting and I can see how, under the right circumstances and with appropriate supervision, it can be done well; however, those cases are more the exception than the rule. Basically feel free to take kids under your wing at a home-style level but if you ask me if your 9 year old can participate in a major kingdom tournament don't be surprised if I can't contain my laughter. Don't fret, I'll pull together some minor tournaments of varying levels of exclusion with kid friendliness in mind :)

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives