Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Now It Begins
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:42 am 

Fionnigan opened the window of his study and the pigeon flew in and landed on his desk. Fionnigan walked over to the pigeon and took the missive from around it's leg, and read it,
"Dearest Teacher,

The order and the crew of the HMS Turtles Revenge have succeeded in overthrowing the barbarian king. Docsi has confirmed his backing of the Order, and the granting of your requests.

Your faithful student,
Siv"

"Ah so the Pirate was successful. Well that is very good news indeed." Fionnigan thought as he sat down at his desk.

Fionnigan pulled his quill from the jar of ink on the desk and began to scrawl on a blank peice of parchment he pulled from a pile on the desk.

"To Master Wizard Lord Shamus the Green
Guild Master of Wizards and Headmaster of the School of Sorcery,"

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post subject: Re: Now It Begins
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:41 am 

“So the king has given you full control of the tower?” Eniad asked with a tone of open skepticism in his voice.

“His grace has granted me assurance that all enemies of the Order will be his enemies. He also assured me that I should consider myself shadow guildmaster of wizards until such time as the position can be officially transferred to my control.” replied Fionnigan.

“That's a tall order.” said Eniad.

“Was that a dwarf joke, really? Yes that is a tall order, both for a dwarf, but a pirate no less. I remain ever the cynic, and don't expect that these wishes will be granted without some coercion.” replied Fionnigan.

“So you don't expect he will move to make your control of the tower legal?” asked Eniad.

“No, quite the contrary, I expect that to move within the first fortnight of the reign. I have other agreements with the crown which are shaky to say the least. Besides it's not as though our control of the tower isn't already considerable.” stated Fionnigan flatly.

“What do you mean by that?” asked Eniad.

“Let's just say that the Order itself will allow for a greater amount of political autonomy and power for the magic wielding community.” Fionnigan replied.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:12 am 

The stable boy ran panting and sweating to the tall thin man dressed in brown robes. He bowed respectfully, and spoke.

“Lord Shamus, a caravan bearing the royal banner is heading up the road.” panted the stable boy.

“How many are in the party, boy?” asked Lord Shamus the Green.

“Five horseman, and three who look to be royal officials.” the boy said.

“Open the gates, and have the house servants prepare to greet our guests.” replied Lord Shamus.

The boy set off at once to deliver the orders he was given. Lord Shamus took the theodolite off of the tripod and placed it back into his leather satchel. He folded the tripod and placed it under his arm, and then set off down the hill back toward his manor house.

Lord Shamus handed the surveying instruments to a field hand, and made his way to his own front gate. The gate was being opened as Lord Shamus approached, and the four cavalry men and the standard bearer rode into the manor's courtyard. Following closely behind were three figures dressed in hooded robes.

“This is the home of Lord Shamus the Green, correct?” asked one of the cavaliers.

“Yes, and I am Lord Shamus. How may I help you?” asked Lord Shamus.

“Lord Shamus the Green you are hereby placed under arrest by order of His Grace King Docsi Hardanvil First of his name King of the Hill and Ruler of the Emerald Men.” replied the cavalier as two of the other soldiers were approaching him with shackles.

“And what gives you this authority?” Lord Shamus asked.

“This warrant signed by the king himself gives me that authority, Lord Shamus. It would behoove you to comply with these men. They have authority to kill you if need be.” spoke one of the hooded figures as he presented a scroll bearing an unbroken royal seal.

“Who are you?” asked Lord Shamus rage barely contained ringing in his voice.

The hooded figure pushed the hood back from his head. The sun beat down on the closely cropped raven hair of Fionnigan Hellblazer. The two sorcerers surveyed each other with suspicion.

“What in the name of the bitch are you doing Hellblazer?” Lord Shamus asked.

“I am doing what is necessary to ensure the safety and prosperity of my people Lord Shamus. Is protecting the realm from threats of a magical nature not within the duties of every wizard who is a member of the high tower of sorcery and the guild?” asked Fionnigan.

“You damn well know the answer to that, necromancer. What is it you're playing at?” Lord Shamus coldly replied.

“I'm not playing at anything my lord, that's my point. This realm has, since you have been head of the high tower, seen more threats of a magical nature than it has in years. Your complete and total disregard for the duties of your office has led to the current state of chaos in the realm. You are hereby stripped of your office, and because your negligence has lead to many deaths you are being held in prison for treason against the realm. Please come along quietly, I don't want this to get messy.” replied Fionnigan.

Mortem proditoribus.

Last edited by TheOneTrueFinn on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:04 pm 

“jumping right into business how rude” Shamus replied.
” The servants being ever so efficient have laid out a repast in the solar by now come.” Shamus turned and walked off “The rules of hospitality must be observed”
The Footmen held the door and his breath wondering if battle or talk was to occur next.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:21 pm 

“The rules of hospitality must be observed.” Lord Shamus spat bitterly.

“I will observe the rule of law Lord Shamus and nothing more or less. However since you have already gone through the trouble of preparing your home for our arrival I shall observe courtesy. Do not, though, let this lead you to believe that you will not be brought back to the high tower in shackles, my lord.” replied Fionnigan as he dismounted the black destrier he was riding.

“Of course not. May I see the arresting warrant?” asked Lord Shamus.

“Yes you may. You will find everything is within legal order, my lord.” replied Fionnigan as he handed the parchment scroll over to Lord Shamus.

Lord Shamus broke the seal on the scroll, and began to read the words inscribed on it. He eyed them with a look of both shock and disbelief. What Fionnigan had claimed was true. He was being arrested for charges of treason against the realm.

“So now that you confirmed my charge, shall we eat? Which way to the solar, my lord?” Fionnigan asked; the authoritative tone now missing from his voice having been replaced with one of civil condescension.

“Eh...Ahem...Right this way Hellblazer.” Lord Shamus started toward the solar in a dazed state.

The two wizards walked side by side from the courtyard not speaking a word as they entered the master wizard's manor. The five cavaliers and two other hooded figures closed in ranks behind them as they made their way to the manor's main entrence.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 pm 

Shamus had bought himself a few minutes. So what to do now? The servants would inform Allys’siandra and Link of what was transpiring, giving them the chance to avoid the current unpleasantness. Being that there was no such thing as an escape proof prison, it seemed as though his best chance was to co-operate with them. As long as he wasn’t actively being hunted, solving this little problem would be so much easier.

The parade of creatures followed the wizards. They entered the solarium and as predicted the repast had been set with a fine array of wines, cheeses and smoked meats laid out, plus a good selection of ciders and other non alcoholic drinks. The glass domed room was large enough to comfortably hold all the guests, containing large sedan chairs and stools plus other assorted comforts for most races. Everything was scattered about in a seemingly random pattern, yet all appeared as if it should be there.

Shamus collected a little of all the foods saying, “not to worry it’s not drugged” and proceeded to seat himself.

“Please make yourselves comfortable, this may take a few minutes.” Shamus smirked, he couldn’t help himself. “I use this room for many informal meetings; as such it is spelled against scrying and other things.” Shamus looked directly at Fionnogan “Well, I guess I will not need to worry about what names go on the master list will I? Has an interim master for the guild been chosen or will they wait till I’ve been convicted? Oh that does suppose there will be a trial. Will the pirate king follow the Law or keep his word?

The two robed figures just by the door remained unmoving as Lord Shamus spoke. The five cavaliers looked to Fionnogan for permission, descending on the buffet with considerable haste when he nodded. Fionnogan just stood in the middle of the room, supposedly admiring its subtle beauty while contemplating what trap the cagey old man might be laying. After his men had taken their repast and positioned themselves around the room, Fionnogan relaxed enough to sit opposite Shamus.

“Good thing most of my experiments can wait. Although you may find this one instructive.” Shamus pulled a small chest from below the end table beside him. “Shall I open it or would you prefer one of the cavaliers do it?”

Fionnogan stared at the old man for a moment and thought once again, “what was the old man playing at; did he not realize he was going to jail?” The rules of hospitality, however, forbid violence towards guests unless violence was offered and like it or not Fionnogan knew Shamus was an honorable - if odd - old man. So, he nodded his consent to the gent to open the box.

Shamus smiled a twisted smile and proceeded to open it. A small ring of metal with a green stone set in it floated up, pulling a large pouch from the bottom of the box. It rose till it stopped just short of hitting the glass roof of the room. “That ring contains a quarter pennies worth Cavirite. Yet it suspends a 100 weight of gold ajibs.” Lord Shamus then opened a second compartment inside the box and the ring and pouch came crashing down. “Sorenium, another rare element” Shamus noted as he pulled out another ring with an infinitesimal red stone set in it. “It is said that a sorenium collar can ground even a dragon. I wonder what it could do to a griffin. All things have counters Fionnogan. Will I be needing a travel bag?”

An imp appeared out of nowhere, collecting the rings and box, then vanishing.

“Should I have a horse or a cart prepared, or do you intend to magic us to our destination? You haven’t said anything or eaten anything. I am trying to be a good host, is there something else you wanted?” Shamus stopped what he was doing, looked at Fionnogan and waited.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:15 pm 

“Should I have a horse or a cart prepared, or do you intend to magic us to our destination? You haven’t said anything or eaten anything. I am trying to be a good host, is there something else you wanted?” asked Lord Shamus the casual tone now returned to his voice.

Fionnigan picked up a piece of jerked beef and bit off a piece, and began to chew. As he did he eyed the master wizard wondering if there was some sort of play in his mind. The man was slightly older than Fionnigan, and with age came cunning. However with youth came vitallity, strength, and boldness. It was the boldness of decisive actions that were neccessary now to save the realm.

“You will be transported by horseback accompanied by myself, my two companions, and these gentlemen. You need not bring any belongings. You'll have no need of them where you're going. As far as the guild is concerned, the new head of the guild and the headmaster of the high tower is me, Lord Shamus. It's long past time the high tower saw some stern northern leadership. It's been too long asleep, and now it's time it be whipped back into shape.” replied Fionnigan as he filled the goblet in front of him with wine and took a drink.

“Stern northern leadership, I forget you're a foreigner, Hellblazer. So that is what this is all about? You've made some deal with the pirate king, and your payment is my position and a foothold in powerful places? Does that sound about right you charlatan?” Lord Shamus mockingly questioned.

“Yes.” replied Fionnigan.

“Pardon me?” asked Lord Shamus.

“Yes that is exactly what this is. This is payment for the Shadow Watch backing his grace when he seized the emerald crown. Am I using this to advance my own agenda? Yes I am. I have no secrets to keep from anyone, my lord. I haven't been privy to the workings of two different royal courts over this many seasons without having learned a few things. If I am to accomplish anything I must ensure that everything I do is legal, or is made legal. Oh and in answer to your earlier legal question, no there will be no trial. Gentlemen, we do have a schedule to keep take him to the stables and make ready to leave.” said Fionnigan as he picked at his teeth with a silver pick.

The biggest two of the royal cavaliers stepped over to Lord Shamus' chair and seized him by the arms. They stood him up roughly, and started to leave with him. Lord Shamus stopped dead in his tracks, and managed to wrench his left arm from one of the cavaliers. He grabbed a tumbler of salt sitting on the table and dumped the contents in a circle around him.

“Circus Custodia. Circus Custodia. Circus Custodia...” Lord Shamus began to chant.

“Ego silere ibi. Ego silere ibi. Ego silere ibi. Ego silere ibi. Ego silere ibi.” one of the cloaked figures chanted quickly.

“That was stupid, my lord.” said Fionnigan as he drew his dagger from deep within the folds of his black robes.

The two cavaliers now had a firm hold of the master wizard, and his improvised circle of protection was now broken. Fionnigan walked the length of the table not speaking a word, and the brought his dagger up and the pommel down across the older man's temple. Lord Shamus was immediately knocked unconscious from the blow.

“Get this lord on the back of my horse, and get back to the Emerald City now. I want him in irons tonight, and locked for now in the deepest dungeon of the tower. And make sure you gag and bind him. He's a master wizard you idiots, and he will destroy you two if you allow him to.” ordered Fionnigan.

“That was a close call, Hellblazer.” Eniad said as he pushed the hood of his cloak back from his head.

“I know. Thank the gods you can cast a mute spell faster then he can cast a protection circle.” Fionnigan replied. “I want all of his magical and alchemical experiments brought back to the high tower for study, I want a new lord placed in his house; one we know is loyal to the crown, and I want all of his food and grain stocks brought back to the royal store houses. That should win the Shadow Watch a bit more favor in the eyes of his grace.”

“What about his family, my master?” Siv asked as she joined the two men at the table.

“Put them in a one room shelter on some part of his land. Give her the chance to share crop her husbands seized land.” replied Fionnigan.

“What if she refuses.” asked Siv.

“Then give her the other option.” replied Fionnigan.

“Which is, master?” asked Siv.

“Her head on the block in the city square. I'm sure that in that light share cropping her traitor husbands seized land for the crown will seem like a summer day dream.” replied Fionnigan as he put his gloves back on.

“Is execution really necessary?” asked Eniad.

“No, which is exactly why it's the other option. She isn't going to refuse, she can't.” replied Fionnigan as he drained his goblet of the wine in it. “Now if this is well under hand I have other matters to attend to and we must be off.”

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:42 pm 

Shamus woke sometime later in a cell loosely shackled at the hands and feet, gagged, stiff and bruised from being carried like a parcel. He had awakened briefly several times whilst being transported here only to be clouted on the head again. Slowly he took in his surroundings. It was a scant eight square room adorned with only a keyless door, and a pad of crystals imbed in the wall to the left of the door.

Lord Shamus knew this place well. He had built it! It was virtually escape proof. Oh he could open the door he knew its code. But he would drown along with who knew how many others. The cell block could hold 20. He could not cast magic in here due to an anti magic zone that skillfully ended at the door. He knew there was an extremely small error at the doorway. He used this now. The error wasn’t large enough to let him cast spells but it would let him use the rings on his fingers. Carefully he contorted through the pain to see his hands. Thank goodness they both went green. His family was well.

Now it was time, time to think, and time to plan. Shamus dredged through all the conversations concerning Hellblazer, starting with the last. What had that misguided fool revealed? Was it truth or misdirection? The only actual fact he had was that the voice that silenced him was Eniad the previous Guild master of Wizards.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:38 am 

"Shackled and gagged, but still alive?" Forest asked.

The figure in the shadows nodded. "Been there a day or so. The Hellblazer is acting Guildmaster now. King's orders and everything."

"Interesting play. I wonder what else our new Monarch has planned." Forest said, scratching the scruff of a beard he had yet to shave. "I wonder what side we will be on when the time comes."

"So you already have a plan huh?" the figure replied.

"All I said was that when the time came we'd need ot pick a side....and of course there is a plan. Isn't there always a plan?" Forest chuckled.

With that, he set off to meet with members of the shire. Things were going to get interesting.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:45 am 

Lord Shamus awoke seated in an ornately carved high back wooden chair. He was shackled to it at the arms and legs, and he had an iron mask strapped to his face. As his head began to clear from having just awoke, and his vision began to clear he could see he was in one of the dormitory's of the school of magic the tower also housed. He was seated behind a table, and across from him was seated Fionnigan Hellblazer the man who had imprisoned him and now held his post in the high tower. The younger wizard studied the master wizard, his blue eyes peering from deep within the black robes he constantly wore.

“Are you comfortable, my lord?” asked Fionnigan. Lord Shamus just sat and stared blankly back at Fionnigan. “I do apologize for the bindings and the mask, but we can't take even the smallest thing for granted with you. You're being held here in the tower until your permanent cell is ready. You may remember the first meeting of this reborn wizardry guild, and you may also recall a certain extra planer prison I brought before the guild. Well I have in the time since that first meeting of the guild researched and sought a way to make this prison a reality, and in my search I came across a name that you might have heard of. Does the name Nurmengard mean anything for you?”

Lord Shamus tried to keep the palpable fear he felt at the mention of the name from showing in his eyes. He had heard of Nurmengard. Just about every sorcerer in the fourteen realms had heard of it, and if they didn't know it by name they at least knew it by story. The legend of Le Mont's Labyrinth was one of the oldest in Amtgardia.

“Of course you have, my lord. Every wizard in the fourteen kingdoms has. Although how familiar are you with La Mont's Labyrinth? I'm sure you've heard the rumors, but do you know the truth of it's creation? I'm also sure you're well aware of the fact that Baron Darkwulf had Nurmangard built in order to house the elves he had imprisoned during the Great Wars of Man. As you're probably aware he housed the magic users of the elven houses in La Mont's Labyrinth. However I wonder if you've ever heard the tale of the labyrinth’s builder. Have you?” asked Fionnigan.

Lord Shamus just gazed at Fionnigan through the iron mask on his face.

“It doesn't really matter, I'm going to tell you the tale. I'm sure you know of the Marquis Le Mont, and his relationship with the High Church of Man. He was an anti-elven zealot and he became one of the baron's chief counselors. He was the one who stoked the baron's already deeply seeded jingoism, and also was the one who inspired the baron to build Nurmengard. Well they say that when the baron's chief engineer received the plans for the entire prison he had to take them back to the marquis because the plans for the labyrinth made no sense according to every rule of architecture and design he knew. The marquis simply handed the engineer a gnome crafted puzzle box and told him if he could unlock the box the secrets of how to build the labyrinth would be revealed to him. The prison was eventually finished, all except the labyrinth. The engineer set about the task of understanding how to build this impossible structure. His apprentice swore to his dying breath that the engineer could be heard working late into the night, and speaking to no one the whole time.”

“This continued for another month until one night a scream was heard from deep beneath the lower levels of Nurmengard. The guards followed the sound until they came across a door that had not been built when the building was initially completed. They opened the door to find the completed labyrinth beyond the thresh-hold, and the gnome work puzzle box lying on the ground in a pool of blood and gore. I have found the marquis' plans, and have begun to study them. The plans involve a heavy amount of dark magic in order to bring them to fruition and I can only assume it was the engineer's lack of mystical knowledge that kept him from understanding them. When I found these plans in a stack of scrolls that were part of the archival windfall that the Library of the Hills was I knew this was the key to this prison. You see these plans provide a prime material gateway to the void, and once I have mastered them I will build a version of the labyrinth which will be housed in a cell. It will be into this cell you will be placed, and when you have made your way to the labyrinth center you will have been transported to your permanent cell. This is how we will deal from now on with magical or inhuman threats to the realm, and anyone who would stand in the way of justice and order.” said Fionnigan as he rose to leave.

“Until that time you will be kept here in the tower. The fact that you are being kept in your own cell is a testament to your own abilities with the arcane arts and engineering, my lord. It's unfortunate that you now have to be on the receiving end of your own genius, but the gods do have a sense of humor do they not?” and with that final question Fionnigan left the room, and the door slammed close with a great thud behind him.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:52 pm 

The heat of the day stole any pleasure in working on tidying up the stacks of records that sat in ordered rows on the shelves that lined the stone walls of the lofty tower of the Kingdom Prime Minister. Not a single breath of air stirred the leaves of the oak tree outside the tower windows.
TigerHawke sighed as she sat at her desk and opened a scroll case marked with the seal of the former King, Alby.
“ The awards that you found and the list you sent to me for verification are correct. Please mark them with my official Kingdom Seal and do whatever it is you do with them. I will send you the hide of an elk come Autumn hunting season.
Penned by Malran Singollo.”

TigerHawke got up, pulled out the ring of keys for the Inner Archival Chamber and unlocked the heavy oaken door. She strode into the room, across the thick carpet and to the locked, tall cabinet that held the Royal Seals of Kings and Queens of the Kingdom's past. As she unlocked the cabinet she noticed small scratch marks along the door's edge, but put it down to the mice that had free run of the castle. She never had the heart to let the cats into this room.
The box sat where she last set it. Respectfully she lifted it out and set it down on the long table in the room's center. With a silver hafted key she unlocked the box, thinking as she did so that here were the Seals of the three Kings she had come to serve. She lifted the lid and gasped!

The Kingdom guards were used to seeing the meticulous elven Prime Minister. They even knew that it was no use blocking her from see the King ...ANY King when she had the need. Yet on this day they had their orders ...So to see her in this state stunned them into inaction and with that she rushed by them, into the King's Throne room.
“BOOM”. The door slammed open into the stone wall.
King Docsi looked up from the table he sat at, the usual huge mug of beer at his elbow , the remains of a barely touched meal next to it, a pile of scroll cases, maps partly unfolded and a page standing by with an armful of letters.
The frown that appeared on his face as he looked at his friend all covered in dust, grime, and dirt smudges, disappeared as she shook off the first guard's hand on her shoulder.
“My King!!”, she panted as she slapped another guard's hand aside.
“Yees, Lady TigerHawke?”, he said in an amused voice. "Gentlemen, let the Lady alone and return to your posts."
TigerHawke put the box with the Royal Seals in them on the table and snapped the lid open.
“How many times have we been over this? You use the Seal with your name and Kingdom coat of arms on it, and then you put it back in the space that it came out of. Then either I or my page bring it back to my office so I can lock it up.”
“Uuummm ...I don't have the Seal. I left them in your safe keeping after the last time I used them. So why is one ...mine I presume, missing? “
“ I....I ... what?", she whispered.
“Why is MY Royal Seal of the Emerald Hills not in it's appropriate place my Lady?”
“It has been in it's place since I received it from the Royal Jeweler. I unlocked the box and inspected it myself at your Coronation. All was in order. I even showed you remember? You were so delighted that you used it once to crack walnuts and that night of the ..and I will still mention ...foul tasting rum ..when you requested it's use as the replacement for the missing chess piece...the Rook. Which we still have not found.”
Docsi remembered those nights ...teasing his elf friend had been a lot of fun. Seeing her try to drink rum was a rare treat. Even if she had been very ill afterwards. In fact a lot of the people that lived in the castle had be ill afterward, come to think of it.
“The box has not been opened on official business since?”, inquired Dosci.
TigerHawke slowly sank into a chair and rubbed a hand across her brow, smearing the dirt on her face further.
“ Not until I needed them earlier today. I found some documents that had not been taken care of from the Reign of King Alby. You know I have been setting things in order for when I take leave to go home and another will take my place. The outer door was locked, the cabinet was locked , this box was locked ….and ….the ...seal is gone. I have carefully searched my office and the Archival room. It is not there! “
“TROLL SHITE WOMAN!! Do you know the kind of problems that can be created with that seal floatin around???!!
“Indeed I do, which is why I thought you had it in your keeping again, My King. Fogive my thinking that you had it for your amusement once again.”
“We have a big problem. Find me someone trustworthy. Turn the entire staff out to seach this Castle from top to bottom!! TigerHawke .. go back to your tower ...stay there until I come and take a look at those rooms myself.”
"As you wish, My King."

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:16 pm 

"Dragon's bones and cracked anvils," Docsi cursed, smashing his tankard against the throne as he watched Lady Tigerhawke leave the throne room. "What the bloody hell is goin on 'round here?" he asked to no one in particular. Looking to his son, Docsi crooked a finger at the boy. "Gizmo, I need you to run an errand.

"Yes m'lord," the boy said, standing up proudly.

"Go and fetch Lord Draeven and Lord Shamus. But before you do that, run to Lady Zelodie's quarters and have her report to me at once," the boy turned and ran from the throne room with a determined look on his face. "And tell your mother to come to me at once!" Docsi yelled after the retreating boy.

"Hell fire and damnation...." Docsi mumbled into his beard grabbing a bottle of rum from the servant at his elbow.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:09 am 

Journal of Fionnigan Hellblazer

The frigate I booked passage on finally arrived at Morluk's Bay the home base of most of the oldest bunch of pirates in the known realms, the Corsairs. I've come to speak to an old friend about finding me a shipwright. Hopefully I will catch him home, and he won't be out pillaging and raiding. He's been a known outlaw of the Emerald Hills for years now. The rumors would lead one to believe that those long forgotten pirates are now growing again in numbers. There have been more ships flying Corsair colors seen along the coasts and raiding villages. If this is true the once mighty leviathan may yet awaken from it's slumber. They would be very good allies to have if there is to be a fight coming with the crown.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:10 am 

“What is it I can do for you, Hellblazer?” Falamar asked.

The old pirate sat at his table picking the meat from a crab shell that was as big around as Fionnigan's head. The Corsairs were the oldest, and most dangerous group of pirates in the history of Amtgardia. Though their numbers and power had begun to wain in the last few seasons ships bearing their flags and banners had begun to be seen once again sailing the seas of Amtgardia. Given that he was dealing with a self proclaimed pirate Fionnigan thought it wise to seek aid from the first pirates of the realms.

“Well I have a problem. The current crown has an air ship. It's powered by combination of this rare floating element, and gnomish steam power. Calls it the HMS Turtle's Revenge. I guess because of the green glow the cavorite element gives off.” replied Fionnigan.

“Yes, I've heard about this pirate king. Calls himself a sky pirate does he?” Falamar snorted as he cracked a crab leg open with one meaty hand.

“Yes he does. That's why I came to you. I need a shipwright that can fashion me a ship.” said Fionnigan.

“That you want to turn into an air ship correct?” asked Falamar.

“Yes that's what I was intending. I am going to need to match his air ship with one of my own.” replied Fionnigan.

“From what I hear you've been treated pretty well by this king. Even helped him take the emerald throne if the rumors can be believed. So why bite the hand that's been feeding you this whole time, wizard?” asked Falamar.

“I hope I don't have to honestly, but I have certain commitments with his grace that I would see fulfilled. I need leverage in order to ensure that, and this air ship would give me just that.” said Fionnigan.

“For the right price I believe I can find you a shipwright who can do the job.” said Falamar.

“Excellent. How quickly could he have one built?” asked Fionnigan.

“I don't know, a few full moons maybe. Ship building isn't a speedy process. It takes time.” Falamar said as he finished eating.

“I will pay more if he can get me the ship by the mid-reign celebrations.” said Fionnigan.

“It's not a matter of money. It's a matter of man power. If he has the right amount of men working on the ship he should be able get it done by that time line.” Falamar said and then drank from the horn of mead he had in front of him.

“I will supply whatever man power he needs as long as the ship is ready by then. While we are on the subject, I need sailors who can man a ship. Are the Corsairs willing to provide extra muscle should I need to push back against the throne?” asked Fionnigan.

“Our numbers are nowhere near what they used to be, Hellblazer. However I'll talk to the boys, and see if we can't get some together to help man your ship. I make no promises though, and we of course would expect some sort of payment for our services.” Falamar said.

“I wouldn't expect anything else, my friend. I will await word from you.” Fionnigan said as he rose to leave. “Once you have found a suitable shipwright send word to my manor home in Eagle Shire. I will send a courier with the funds so that construction can begin as soon as possible. Thank you, my friend. Lanuae Magicae”

And with that Fionnigan teleported from the old pirate's quarters.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 pm 

A single Crow winged its way across an endless sky…
Black feathers fluttered against the sapphire blue and wispy white clouds.
Wheeling and turning this way and that on the invisible summer wind.
Climbing higher and higher…
An argent speck in the farthest reaches of the stratosphere.
Then swiftly diving toward the ground at the speed of sound itself…
Only to break at the last possible moment and softly land at its destination.

Lightly stepping along the ancient perch, covered in cob webs and forgotten by time, the bird pecked at the tiny patch of seed that still clung to the worm wood after so many years. The clear chime of a bell sounded, triggered by the Crow’s actions. A sound not heard in centuries…

Delphos opened the small window overlooking the River Midnight and carefully held out his hand. The Crow hopped onto his outstretched fingers without any hesitation.

“Well, well my little friend … What have we here?”
The Dark Knight spoke softly as if directly to the bird.
“Haven’t seen you for awhile. What have got to say for yourself?”

With great care, Delphos removed the small rolled parchment tied to the Crow’s leg, then he let the bird go back to its meal. Closing the window, he took the parchment to the desk in his study and began to decipher the message the Crow had delivered.

The parchment bore the signet of Sir Falamar.
The Dark Knight knew that could mean only one thing…

The Corsairs Were Coming Back to the Hills…!!!!

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing