Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences » Tournament Results Archive

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:31 pm 

Dear members of Emerald Hills and Confederacy of Dredmoor;

It has been brought to my attention that during my initial post regarding the Dragon Master, I indicated that I was using the better than average system. At the time, I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to work the different type of scores into the more traditional format. I had opted for a customized system that accounted for missing scores as well as the multiple scores per judge per item.

Unfortunately, those who entered with the thought that I was going with this scoring system suffered unfairly by my deviation from what they presumed was a safe way to enter items.

So, I am here to concede that I did give this indication, albeit accidentally. And, I want to make this as fair as possible to all who entered. Here is a list of the current scores and the new winner. All parties have been included in this process and have been patient and supportive during it all. I appreciate them and I appreciate you for not exploiting this potentially dramatic situation. I commend EVERYONE for handling this so maturely and respectfully. Thank you!

On that note, let's congratulate our new winner; Lady Aylin! Your work was outstanding and you deserve the best!

I was amazed at the level of talent from all who entered! I am inspired by what I have seen and aspire to raise my own skills to that which AMTGARD so effortlessly produces.

Huzzah for all the wonderful and talented artists, garbers, authors and performers who took a chance, bravely faced the chopping block and blew us all away! Huzzah to all of the judges who endured scrutiny and the blistering heat to give their services free of charge and without any promise of return. Without you, this wouldn't have been possible! Finally, Huzzah to everyone who supported a crafter, who helped them, who gave constructive criticism, who worked harder in and out of the house to allow for more time and less distraction to which can be dedicated to their chosen arts. Huzzah to the teachers and the students, to those who were willing to try new things and risk failure or keep perfecting something you love and might not be appreciated for! Thank you to everyone who asked questions and challenged us all, myself included to achieve greater heights!

I am grateful for every person, every conversation, every moment spent in your presence, learning better ways to be a Regent! And, most of all, I am grateful for the chance to do this!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:30 am 

I'm not seeing an attachment or scores. Am I being completely oblivious?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:16 pm 

thanks Zelodie :)

Congratulations to everyone! (especially Aylin for winning) Wish i could have seen all the entries in Oklahoma... Hope to see you all competing at Olympiad.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 am 

Thank you for working so hard on this Zelodie. :) Great job, everybody!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 pm 

Congratulations Aylin!!!

You guys worked so hard on your entries, as always I am so impressed!!!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:33 pm 

Thank YOU all for being so awesome! And, congratulations!

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences » Tournament Results Archive