Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post subject: WBW 12: GBU
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:18 pm 

Wiping away the crusties that accumulated over night during my 12hr slumber, I sit for a moment and reflect. Wow. Just wow. Did we just wrap up a whole banner wars event yesterday?

Amazing:
-Driving home from TWF yesterday and realizing: "Holy Crap, did I just autocrat WBW?"
-Sable Pride and friends putting on an amazing event.
-An amazing legion of crats that made sure sh!t got done did!
-An even larger legion of volunteers who stepped up to lend a hand, voice, dance, positive vibe, etc.
-Dame Reine's knighting
-Getting to be the last official visitor during her vigil
-Thee for being Sat. night feast-crat. Holy crap I had no clue m'lady just how much ya saved the day. Gods bless you.
-Shadow Legion for helping out with the veggie option for Sat. feast.
-For the lovely ladies and strapping lads who made serving feast so streamlined and saxy!
-To Elder for making sure our digital homesite for WBW was up to date.
-To Fenris and anyone else who spammed the bejezzus out of the internetz with WBW propaganda.
-Getting to see a slew of Crawling Chaos elders. And if anyone noticed, there's a lot less of Elder too! Way to go bro.
-Seeing Mythryllacus (sp? - may got the spelling wrong but got the same awesome guy right)
-Seeing Sir Scytale and Sir Morgan
-Having an awesome Saturday feast with only two working grills when the third one went kaput. Way to go Sir Delphos!
-Having an excellent Friday Night feast presented by Luna Lobos! I hated missing hanging out in the TiT but the feast made its way to me regardless!
-Hearing that the Satyr's Ball went over super well!
-Walking up on Tron's Bardic Sat. night. Thank you Sir Sean and Sr Feral? for helping put on an excellent glow stick bardic. Needing to know who else headed the show up please!
-Aria/Mertag for trying to man gate all throughout the event. You guys made gate seamless!
-To all the brave souls who workes mind-numbing gate shifts, regardless of the swarming mosquitoes and attack birds.
-Getting to sit across from the beautiful merchant shop Puss In Boots and it's lovely keepers (Dame? Kat/Sir Boots)
-Getting to work with a industrious Seal and selling his ladies silver pendants.
-Making sure to sell out on the Talren Tech
-Pushing Rogue Rounds (Hullahoops) and Rogue/Zin's beautiful jewelry.
-Seeing a whole slew of familiar faces.
-Tigerhawke/Ghostiger ensuring the porta-johns were always clean and user-friendly. You guys rock!
-Dame Nightengael and Lady Swift for giving the kiddos their own chance to shine in kids crafts and their quest Saturday afternoon! Huzzah!
-Super neat gate favors immortalizing our 12th WBW. Way to go Alby! I had folks asking if they could buy extras.
-A easy to use and entertaining newsletter designed by Magnus, thanks man!
-An excellent array of tournies and contests held through out the event! Thanks to all who ran/reeved em!
-An amusing assassin game that ran from Friday morning to Sat. night. Congrats Rhyn on being the sleek and saxy heart breaker that you are.
-Being told by an individual that this was the first event that they felt comfortable taking an extended break in the cleanest port-a-john they've every seen at an event.
-Getting to pimp the AP castle walls at gate and dressing up House Quendelie's Feast table. Can you say "Quendelie Viktor?" Maybe next time Luna Lobos. Bwuahaha.*
-Seeing Dark Riders fancy it up at feast along with the ever glorious Luna Lobo setting. Magical.
-Being able to suit folks out with custom ready made shields and excellent weapons, jewelry/garb/trinkets/hullahoops at my shop called 'The Prestige'. Yeah, shameless plug #2.
-Having such an awesome assortment of dance numbers presented by Tarakian, Aylin and (what was her name) during feast/court.
-Sir Avatar and Draqoonious' gladiator games and all the brave warriors that gave us such an excellent show!
-Listening to the youngest bard (that's I've seen) perform a song for her daddy at feast. Heart-warming and inspiring. You get em Jasmine! We're all proud of you!
-An interesting twist of the Main War - thanks Khazee! You've inspired brainstorming for next year.
-Tuk and his ever vigilent security staff. Thanks guys for keeping things safe and sound.
-To everyone who kept their cool and just showing up to have a good time.
-More to come as I remember it.

GRRRR:
-Not being able to finish my feast platter. Again.
-Missing out on the first couple gladiator fights and Tarakian's first performance.
-Missing out on the war
-Missing out on hanging out at the TiT
-Missing out on hanging with a slew of folks who I haven't seen in years
-Missing out on the Satyr's Ball
-Missing out on the Lobo Feast

Seriously WTF?:
-Watching some dude** try to lure drunk chicks back to his tent. Sad.
-Leaving site at 5pm on Sunday after spending half of Sunday afternoon tetris'ing the trash trailer. Thanks so very much to those who helped me make the trash trailer work out.
-Sleeping 6hrs in three days while on site. Brrraaaiiinnnsss.

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post subject: Re: WBW 12: GBU
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:35 pm 

Satyrs ball was fun, so was the war. being robbed at event, not so much fun

Post subject: Re: WBW 12: GBU
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:53 pm 

I just want to thank everyone that helped me out setting up feast and running the gladiator/entertainment at Saturday night feast. I know it was quite a few of you so I gave Sutra a list so some of you might get some credit for it. I know the placing of canopy's and picnic tables was a little different than we were all use to and presented a little bit of a challenge setting up and making sure everyone was happy with where they got to sit. For those of you who didn't get a great seat my apologies...maybe you should come a little earlier next time ;-)

Thanks especially to Draqoonis who helped Avatar and myself out at the last min placing the gladiator games into some sort of order so I could be free to cue things back and forth behind the scenes.
To the gladiators themselves for really giving us a great show in the end.
To the entertainers for doing the same.
To Thetis for helping me organize things and rocking the feast kitchen with Delphos.
Thanks to Finnigan for pretty much wearing every hat you could think of in helping with the gate, security and feast set-up.
To Tuk! for doing a great job on security.
To Dominick for helping out so much with feast set-up.
To Kat for helping with set-up.
Thanks to Magnus for letting us barrow his truck to move the picnic tables.

And just thanks to anyone else who really helped the WBW staff make this a great event I think many people enjoyed. I know there is still many of you I did not thank here but I hope I got your name down somewhere. And if not give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done!

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives