Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:15 am 

WBW Workweekend - Oct 8th-9th

Oct 8th and 9th will be a critical work weekend in order to prepare the site for WBW. If you have a company/household land grant, ya'r required to get hours in. Why not get it over with one weekend while making sure the site AND your camp site is ready to host you and yours for WBW?

I plan on doing inventory of the kingdom shed so we can make preparations. I need to know if the current kingdom office of PM/Treasurer or whoever it is that supposed to keep track of kingdom shed inventory has anything current they can share with me. Please let me know kiddos!

I'll post a list of to-dos for WBW prep weekend. With the burn ban in effect (will check to confirm), fire wood piles may not be required.

Round up your house/company mates and come on down and lend a hand!

Regards,
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:26 pm 

Trying to find out if it would be possible to come out Tues Oct 11th for land hours. DPS- would like to get out there and get some hours in and help out with any last min things that need done. Also what is the burn ban looking like out there?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:44 am 

Good question, I will check with Lady Three Jugs about having folks show up during the week!

I'm working on a to-do list for that weekend so we can down to work!

Things off the top of my head:
-Battlefield cleanup/mowing/stump grinding
-Possibly setting up pavilions depending on weather
-Ambitious bardic stage build up (Details to come)
-Public camp site cleanup
-Fire wood prep, fire ban probably won't lift even with rain
-Bench/Table building (details to come)

So if anyone is thinking of coming out to work this weekend or next, remember to bring any tools (personalize em so they don't get mixed up with others), food, water, sun/bug sprays, working clothes/shoes/gloves, hats, bandanas, and anything that you'd use for working in the yard. Especially if it were deep woods. ;)

Gas or electric powertools are also welcome. I got deck wood that I plan using to build up more benches/tables for feast/prep areas. I got some thoughts on building up a banister type encloser for the bardic stage. Pre-Tavern, it was used more for seating than performances. Me thinks it was due to poor lighting and/or safety issues with the late night reveler being on a 3' high stage with no rails, etc.

Mark your calendars folks, we can sure use your help!
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:27 am 

Any news on being up there early? Hate to push but It's 7days till I want to leave or 9days till event day and those 2days can mean a lot when planning. Especially when we are talking about bring tools or what-not for land hours. Anyway just curious if there was an update

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:25 am 

Update: I'll be heading down today and staying till Sat. afternoon. Hope to see as many of you out Saturday!

We gotta mark off the bathroom dig site near the kingdom shed as well!

Seryanna, I'll have an answer for you today! Sorry about the delay!
S

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:25 am 

So I got an update from Lady Threejugs:

"Shamus and I already laid the pipes and covered them back up so the site is secure for banner wars...and land hours are good...we have LOTS to get done here but tell them that there is LOTS to be done."

She hasn't confirmed about having folks on the land earlier than Wednesday, but I don't think it'll be an issue and will get confirmation today.

Thanks for the patience all!
S

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:01 am 

Seryanna,

Spoke with Threejugs, and she has folks coming in as early as Tuesday, so come on down. We have a paypal link for pay for gate if you want to get a headstart with that! If not, just come on by gate and introduce yourself/pay for event on Thursday.

Thanks for the patience!
S

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:10 am 

A heartfelt and fatigued thank you goes out to the Talren clan and Fenris for coming out and helping with WBW prep work.

We got about 12 benches setup in public campsite, still working on getting them planted but otherwise they're good to go. If you happen to camp in a site with one of em, then know that a lot of love and hard work went into making sure each campsite has a little something added to the camp feel to things.

We also picked up the two hazardous/broken down benches and got the kid's playset set and ready for use. Still working on adding a swing or two so bear with us.

I myself spent Thursday and early Friday doing odds and ends around the land. Be on the lookout for an updated TWF map for your printing/viewing leisure. I'll also be adding an interactive TWF map complete with campsite pics and such. Word.

Shamus, Sir Fytakin, Hippie, Thrasher, Sir Avatar and a couple others whose names elude me showed up to help further the progress made on the bathroom project and to get their own land grants ready to rock this WBW weekend. Woot all!

And don't forget that the fine folks of Luna Lobos along with Exile (anyone else?) showed up last weekend and did a bang up job of getting the kingdom shed organized and invetoried. Woah.

Thanks all for making an appearance this weekend and helping out where you could.

See ya'll later this week!
S

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:16 am 

Testing the whole add attachment feature on the forums.

Updated TWF Map.

Attachments:
File comment: Updated TWF Map.
TWF2011.png
TWF2011.png [ 248.85 KiB | Viewed 9369 times ]

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives