Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:20 am 

This year World Bannerwars is being brought to you by the numeral X, a bottle of Chartreuse, and a sack of dried mango... October eighth through the eleventh, 2009 at Tanglewood Forest

Autocrat: Dame Faunna, Lady of the House of the Purple Cow
Battlecrat: Sir Rayel of Crawling Chaos
Feastingcrat: Dame Faunna, Lady of House Splinter
*** Breakfast by Casa de'Three Jugs
*** Lunch by: Do-it Yerself, the Earl of Sandwich
*** Dinner by the Barony of Eagleshire
*Meat-o-crat: Squire Gunther Gulveg of the Skullband
*Sides-o-crat: Lady Carmony Ri Uziel
*Sweets-o-crat: Cacao de' Sugarplum Faerie
Craftacrat: Sir Kal Xen of Crawling Chaos
Gateicrat: Chlorophyll McCointreau and her illustrious dragonflies
Master of Webs: Squire Elder of Crawling Chaos
Mistress of Children's Activities: Lady Allys'siandra Fae'Dragon
Master of Utilities: Lord Shamus the Green

Wednesday, October 7th
Early Bird Arrivals

Thursday, October 8th
Harlequin Quest
Masquerade Ball

Friday, October 9th
Assorted Workshops
An Afternoon Game
Ditch Monkeys Paradise

Saturday, October 10th
Breakfast of Champions
World Bannerwars Team Tournament
The Victory Feast
Trench, trench, trench, trench...

Sunday, October 11th
Refuse sacks for all!
Safe Journeys...

As details become available www.worldbannerwars.com will be updated.

--
Cwene Contessa Baroness Riddari Faunna Demonspawn

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:16 pm 

Rules of the Main Battlegame-

First and foremost, many thanks to Sir Michael, Hammer of God. These rules are largely the same rules as last year, with references to the keep and flag system removed.

World Banner Wars 2009 Main Battlegame:
Disposable Heroes

Each Team Captain Must Provide:
1. A unique banner which should display your company/household/team symbol.

*** Banners must be a MINIMUM 2 feet by 3 feet in size and depicct your company/household/team's symbol on it. ***

2. Two copies of every magic users spell list. You may NOT change spell lists between rounds. (Spell Sheets will be provided at Sign-In.)

3. Classes that get choices of abilities must submit two copies of their choices. You may NOT change ability lists between rounds.

4. A complete listing of all team members. Members not on this list will be unable to participate.

5. Every team needs to submit two Reeves to aid in Banner Wars when not fighting. Note: A Reeves test will be given Friday night by the GM of Reeves.

Team Composition Rules:

1. Teams are comprised of up to 16 people and up to four alternates, for a maximum total of 20 people per team.

2. Alternates may be swapped into the active line-up between rounds.

3. Team members are assigned classes before the tournament starts and may not switch classes.

4. Team alternates may either play their assigned class, or the class of the player they replace, so long as the player has the credit requirements of the class and level they are replacing.

5. Your team may only have one of each magic using class on the field.

6. Teams may have no more than three bows.

7. Teams may have no more than three each of the following classes: Anti-Paladin, Barbarian, Paladin.

8. Teams may have only one siege weapon.

9. Players may only sign up with one team, though non-fighting pages may be shared.

10. Teams do not have to all be from the same company, household, kingdom, etc. They merely need to all play together and present a banner with a unique symbol.

General Tourney Rules:

1. Tournament will be Double Elimination style, single last life scenario. Each match lasts a maximum of 15 minutes.

2. Teams must be ready and in the On-Deck area for head count and safety check at the start of the round preceding theirs. When two teams leave to take the field, the on-deck teams immediately step into the area.

3. The battle can be determined in two ways:
a. Run out of time - (team with the most members still alive - wins, 15 minutes)
b. Shatter the opposing team.

4. Stepping out of bounds will result in a player being unable to move their feet for twenty seconds and being returned to the point where they crossed the boundary.

5. Good sportsmanship with be expected and enforced. Arguing with the reeves or getting into altercations with other players will result in that person being ejected from the tournament and their team will be forced to play short a position for that round.

6. Each team may have up to four non-fighting pages. These pages may only be used to retrieve your teams spent balls and projectiles. Pages must have a gold page’s belt to be present on the battlefield.

7. No mass spells may be used.

8. Players only have one life, and upon dying they must:
a. Immediately take a knee and put their weapon on their head.
b. Leave the field.
c. A player may only move without penalty to avoid mundane danger.
d. A reeve may move a player without penalty to avoid mundane danger/impeding play.

9. All rules disputes will be settled by the War-o-Crat.

10. As always, trying to use the rules to your advantage may be disallowed depending on how much you use the gray areas. Al l sneaky, underhanded, or questionable rules interpretations or tactics should be cleared with the War-o-Crat BEFORE attempting to use them.

Scenario Rules and Field Set-up

1. The field will be set up as large as the site allows. It will be least 100 ft on a side but larger if possible. While there will not be any point-based or location objectives, there will be barriers erected at random around the field.

2. Carports will be set up at opposite corners of the field. Each carport will serve as a teams’s base.

3. In the on deck areas, the on deck teams will be assigned to their bases.

4. As soon as the previous match is over, the on deck teams will go to their assigned bases.

5. Barriers protect what they cover, block line of sight and are not destroyable by any Amtgard means. For example, if a player is standing behind a waist high barrier and is shot with an arrow in the chest, then the player is affected by the arrow.

Rayel

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:09 pm 

how much is the event going to cost per person!? inquiring minds want to know!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:14 pm 

In addition to the price, I have a pack of newbs coming out and they asked if they get in free. I told them I didn't think they did but I figured I would ask to clarify.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:50 am 

Bump

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:03 pm 

Krylis";p="9152 wrote:
In addition to the price, I have a pack of newbs coming out and they asked if they get in free. I told them I didn't think they did but I figured I would ask to clarify.

As someone with no authority what-soever in this decision:

Generally the "first event free" rule applies only to our kingdom level events. Banner Wars (an IK event) has not counted in the past. But the powers that be may have changed that.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:35 pm 

I say bah to free newbies, but I'm doing what I can to see if I can get the price down from the $15 EH event's have been for a while.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:46 pm 

I don't have a problem with the 15 dollars. Is that how much this Banner War will be?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:56 pm 

Banner wars will be $10 for adults $5 for children <10.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives