Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:43 pm 

The Knights Circle of Dragonspine has put together an Amtgard-wide Food Drive and they've asked if The Emerald Hills would like to participate. I think it's a great idea and I'd like to get all the EH parks involved in it--maybe have a little fun while we do it. Dragonspine is holding Canned Tourneys and Dollar Tourneys with the items and money collected being donated to local Food Banks.

I'd like to take it a step further.

I'd like to have each park that participates pick a different theme. Example of themes: Food Drives, Toy Drives, Clothing Drives, Soldier Supply Drives. At Eagleshire, I am going to push a Diaper Drive for low income mothers and families who can't afford the high cost of diaper products. We will have a collection box every weekend for the month of October and once our drive is over the donations will be delivered to the Denton Diaper Depot.

Discuss the EH Charity Drive with your populous this weekend and see what kind of response you can get. If there is a specific charity in your area that your park wishes to collect for, you can organize a Drive around that organization's needs. There are all kinds of charity organizations out there who need help, so it won't be hard to pick one. I recommend each park wishing to participate select a Drive Organizer.

Now for the fun part...

I'd like to hold a Kingdom-wide contest with this Drive to see which park can collect the most items. I haven't decided what the prize will be yet, but will let you know soon.

If your park is interested in participating, please have your Drive Organizer contact me at CarmonyEH@gmail.com before the end of September. If you need ideas for your Drive let me know. If you wish to pitch in for the park prize, let me know that too.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives