Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:38 pm 

http://www.a-kon.com

For the sixth year in a row, our home hotel is the Sheraton Dallas (Formerly, the Adams Mark Dallas).

They are located in downtown Dallas, close to the Pearl Street DART stations of both the Red and Blue lines. The physical address of the hotel is: 400 N Olive St, Dallas, TX 75201.

Please note, that in 2009, the Sheraton Dallas will be a completely non-smoking hotel.

On Site Membership Prices are set.

Adult Prices:
* Weekend Pass: $55
* Friday: $35
* Saturday: $35
* Sunday: $20
Children 6-12: $15 for the weekend

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:32 pm 

We have a demo at A-kon and I'm not talking the backroom special we've had in the past!

It's a 25x25 foot of (prime?) floor space Saturday evening. I don't have the exact details confirmed yet, but I'll be handing organizing the event over to Duke Sutra Bahuas of Midnight Sun. He'll at least need well groomed equipment demonstrators (wash and WEAR your garb please) and bodice clad wenches to hand out brochures is always good :)

Please note, no one will need a badge or to otherwise purchase a convention membership to access the demo space. Working the demo does not count towards convention staff hours... in fact crossovers like myself will need to need to work out being available for the Demo with your department specific staff head as necessary.

--
Cwene Contessa Baroness Riddari Faunna Demonspawn

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am 

I saw this in passing (was working AkonTV) but the demo looked really good. I heard some more details from Seal (who I saw also in passing and called later). Sounds like it went really well, and apparently there were some of the recruits at King's Point since? Very good.

I believe I saw Turtle, Wolvie, of course Faunna there, and would be interesting to hear who else fleshed out that demo.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives