Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post subject: WBW 12 War Event Rules
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:45 pm 

Hacked and slashed copy/paste from last years WBW rules with revisions to match this years event.

Main Battle: The War of the Banners approaches. An invitation has been sent to every corner of Amtgardia challenging any and all mighty tribes of war and magic to prove themselves the undisputed champions of the arena.

Team Sign-Ins: 10am-11:00am @ War Field
Only the captain of the team needs to be present to sign-in. Each captain must provide:
1. A unique banner which should display your company/household/team symbol.
2. Two copies of every magic-user spell list. You may NOT change spell lists between rounds.
3. A complete listing of all team members. Members not on this list will be unable to participate. Each person may only be on 1 team roster.

Team Composition Rules:
1. Teams are comprised of 10 people and up to two alternates. One of the alternates can be the 4th magic class not included in the main team.
2. Alternates may be swapped into the active line-up between rounds.
3. Team members (including alternates) are assigned classes before the tournament starts and may not switch classes.
4. Your team may have one of each magic using class with a max of three magic users actively playing on the main team. You’re fourth magic class can be an alternate.
5. Teams may have no more than two bows.
6. Players may only sign up with one team, though pages may be shared
7. Teams do not have to all be from the same company, household, kingdom, etc. They merely need to all play together and present a banner with a unique symbol
8. Banners must be a MINIMUM of 2' x 3' (2 feet by 3 feet) in size and reflect your company/household/team's symbol on it.
9. Last life scenario.
10. There is a 25pt physical armor cap per team. This cap is an average of armor per single person. Example: 3 players maxed at 7pts each with 4pts avg. left over to distribute.*
11. Physical armor cap does not count limit natural or magical type armor scenarios.
12. No siege weapons.

General Tourney Rules:
1. Tournament will be Single Elimination style. (If there are fewer than 8 teams, the tournament will be Round Robin style)
2. Teams must be ready and in the On-Deck circles for head count and safety check at the start of the round preceding theirs. When two teams leave to take the field, the on-deck teams immediately step into the circles.
3. The battle will be determined by one team completely eliminating the other.
4. Stepping out of bounds will result in a player being unable to move their feet for ten seconds and being returned to the point where they crossed the boundary.
5. Good sportsmanship with be expected and enforced. Arguing with the reeves or getting into altercations with other players will result in that person being ejected from the tournament and their team will be forced to play short a position.
6. Each team may have up to three pages. These pages may only be used to retrieve your teams spent balls and projectiles.
7. You may not use other teams magic balls, projectiles, or equipment.
8. No mass spells may be used.
9. Dead players must immediately take a knee and put their weapon on their head. You may not move from where you are when you die unless Summon Corpse is used or to avoid mundane danger/impeding play.
10. All rules disputes will be settled by the War-O-Crat, who will not be playing in the tournament.
11. All sneaky, underhanded, or questionable rules interpretations or tactics should be cleared with the War-o-Crat BEFORE attempting to use them.

*I'll make double sure that I have this armor breakdown described right. Will update this rule if anything changes.

I'll try to answer any questions or comments to the best of my ability and apprciate your patience.

Regards,
Sutra

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:47 am 

I like it !!!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:21 am 

Gay. oh wait let me rephrase that. I dont wanna get banned for being politically incorrect. Homo.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:34 am 

Ten man can be interesting. What is the field size? Box or open. obstacles?

Sadly team size has progressively decreased. As intrest lessens so does the general size. It is vastly harder to reeve grand scale battles but it was also fun with so many on the field.

If at first you dont succeed, Dick Stab the guy that does,,,,

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:37 am 

I assume the full details will be out later, but i just want to ask some of the standard questions to make sure the info is in the next release.

Banners? Size requirements?

Alternates? How many and what class restrictions?

Reeves? Do teams still need to provide and how many?

Will the "on deck" circles be used again?

Is it going to be double elim or round robin?

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:54 am 

Thanks all for the input and questions. I'll get em answered ASAP.

Yay!
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:45 pm 

please define the armor alotment.
if you are wearing a 7 point chest piece but 3 point legs, does this count as 7 or avg of 5.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:46 pm 

will there be any spell restrictions? mass sleep, wind, anti magic.......

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm 

shamus green wrote:
if you are wearing a 7 point chest piece but 3 point legs, does this count as 7 or avg of 5.

It could count as 13.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:00 pm 

Does natural armour apply in the figures?
substitutions?
Whats your favorite color?

If at first you dont succeed, Dick Stab the guy that does,,,,

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:55 am 

Agustus Wrote: A question to ask is if the Warriors ability armor of quality will count towards the 25 pts, since it is an ability that adds an additional pt to the armor?
Green

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:42 pm 

Brennon EH wrote:
shamus green wrote:

It could count as 13.

lol@math

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:40 am 

Kevetor wrote:
Agustus Wrote: A question to ask is if the Warriors ability armor of quality will count towards the 25 pts, since it is an ability that adds an additional pt to the armor?
Green

I think it would be silly to have to add a class ability towards that count. Same as Berserk Barbars. Cause then wouldn't we have to add protects, barkskin, stoneskin, bless and others to the count. I like the idea of limiting the armor count it will make for very interesting team layout. But again I do not feel that any class ability should apply.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:04 am 

sutra did say physical armor... not natural or magical...

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:49 pm 

you people are amazing with your rules lawyering. I got an idea, why don't you get off your collective asses and track Khazee down and ask him. Or better yet, collect all your questions, give them to Sutra, have him ask Khazee. Otherwise, you all will likely have to wait until the event to find out anything else specific. Get a grip people! It's just a game.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives