Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: The Wizard's Price
 Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:17 am 

Fionnigan stared out across the sky searching for some sign of the airship. Looking down he saw it below him flying with full sails. Fionnigan pulled the reigns to the left, and Felerof banked toward the ship. The night was cloudy and the strange green glow of the cavorite mineral gave the surrounding clouds the appearance of a field of clover.

Felerof made his decent toward the ships forecastle, and with a screech landed. Fionnigan pulled his cloak back from his head, and stepped off of his gryphon. A sailor approached with an uncertain look, and Fionnigan waived him away.

“There's nothing you need to do. He will stay right there until I return. Now where is your captain?” asked Fionnigan as he removed his gloves.

“He's right this way, master Hellblazer. He has been awaiting your arrival.”

The sailor marched toward the quarter deck of the ship, and Fionnigan followed behind. As he walked along the deck of the ship men moved about him working at the ropes and sails of the ship. The masts groaned and creaked in the wind as the ship cut through the clouds. A thin layer of frost lay over everything the air was so thin this far up.

“Hellblazer, I wasn't expecting you so soon.” said the large man as he moved toward the dark wizard. Docsi HardAnvil was a rare sight to behold, a half dwarf half hill giant. This gave him an odd appearance, and made him slightly mad.

“I thought, given the nature of the business, it was best I come to you.” replied Fionnigan.

“And how exactly did you find an airship, wizard?” asked Docsi.

“For a man on the back of a gryphon it's not hard.” Fionnigan responded coolly.

“I do forget about your bird horse, wizard. Come join me in my chambers. We have much to discuss.” Docsi said as he made his way to the captains chambers.

“Such as this act of treason you're proposing?” Fionnigan asked.

“Yes, such as that. What do you have to say Hellblazer, will you help me take the crown?” asked Docsi.

“What is in this for me?” asked the wizard.

“More gold than you could possibly spend for a hundred years, wizard.” replied Docsi.

“I have plenty of gold. Gold is of little interest to me, but if you're willing to do me a favor or two than we can talk.” replied the wizard.

“What would you ask of me?” asked Docsi.

“Well first of all I want to know that no matter who is named guildmaster of wizards I maintain all power and control over the guild of wizards, the high tower of sorcery, and the school of magic. I also maintain control over the Order of the Shadow Watch, and we are from this moment on given all rights to hunt down and deal with impunity any and all magical enemies of the crown. Finally, I want a favor to be named at my discretion.” Replied Fionnigan.

“I will let you keep your magical army if you win me the crown, and I will give you all policing powers over the magic using community. If you want to build your extra planer prison than do it. However I am unsure of letting you make a demand of me that you don't even know you want yet.”

“No matter, that is my demand. Let's not forget that what you are suggesting is treason, if we lose. I am placing my head on the block for this.” said Fionnigan.

“Do you expect us to lose, wizard?” asked Docsi.

“I don't expect us to lose, nor do I expect us to win. I am simply stating a fact.” replied Fionnigan..

“I will give you what you want, and Hellblazer, tell me something.” said Docsi.

“What?” asked Fionnigan.

“How did a blacksmith's son with no titles from the Golden Plains ever get to have this much power?” asked Docsi.

“I simply know how to adapt to my surroundings, m'lord.” replied Fionnigan.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post subject: Re: The Wizard's Price
 Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:04 pm 

"That one will need watchin" Lady Dair said, as she sauntered over from the helm.

"Aye, he will," Docsi replied as they watched the griffon and its rider fly off into the night. "We will all have to be extra vigilant after Alby is overthrown."

"Do you actually plan on granting a request you know nothin about?" she asked.

"Hell no," Docsi replied with a grin.

"Pirate" they both said with a laugh.

"Exactly. Magic is a premium we will need to overthrow the crown, but once that is accomplished I expect the Turtle Clan to keep controlling interest in this thing. Word from the Wetlands is they expect to challenge us for having the audacity to bring a force of Sky Pirates down from the north to knock on their doorsteps. Hehe....they think they should have the only pirates in the area."

Dair laughed, "Damned wet legs....wouldn't know a real pirate if one walked up and stuck a cutlass in their backs."

"I agree," Docsi replied, "but they are still a force not to be taken lightly. If we are gonna start a war with them, we will have to have full control over the kingdom. If that means letting Finn and the wizards think they have the upper hand, then we'll let em. At least for a time."

"What about the assassins guild?" Dair asked. "Are you worried about them?"

"No, not really. If Finn ain't interested in our gold, that just leaves us more to pay them off with," Docsi said.

"But Dark Tigger has taken over as the guild's master. Ain't he Alby's squire brother?" Dair asked with some concern.

"Aye, he is. But the Dragons have sworn off any aid to the kingdom for at least a year. I don't think he'll go against his company's wishes. And if he does, we'll end him just like we're gonna end Alby. He should have thought twice before aiding the Duke of Dreadmoor in tryin to take the "Revenge" from us," Docsi replied with a sneer.

Dair laughed, "best be to it, then. We're about two weeks out from Tanglewood."

"Yep," Docsi laughed as he adjusted the pressure on the boiler. "All hands to duty!" he yelled, "Let's get this crew of cut throats down south! We have a date to meet the Satyr before we attack!"

"Will Zelodie have done her part before we arrive?" Dair asked.

"I have no doubt. Her and Stump will have started to sow the seeds of discord." Docsi laughed with a glint of malice in his mad eyes....

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:40 pm 

Crouches low in the tall, swaying grass. A kill lies beneath my hunkered form, lifeless and bloody and raw. I reserve my culinary skill as a social nuance and nothing more. Alone, I eat my food the way nature intended; uncooked and unaltered. Leaning down to take another bloody bite, I pause, the sound of a distant twig snapping catching my attention. The sound grows louder as a large brown bird lands upon a low laying branch of a nearby tree. There is a message attached to it's foot. I gingerly take the message and read it, a slow and wicked smile forming on my red stained mouth, my eyes obsidian... Not blue, but their true color.

Last edited by Zelodie-Local-Satyr on Wed May 30, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:51 pm 

Fionnigan flipped through the pages of the dusty tome. He came to the section he was searching for and began to read.

“Of Cavorite, Tiberium, Mithril, Adamantite, and other extremely rare elements.” Fionnigan scanned the page until he found the section marked with “Cavorite”.

“Cavorite. Cavorite is an extremely rare glowing green crystalline element found in the Iron Mountains, Dragonspine, Blackspire, and some scattered parts of the Emerald Hills. The element is mined for it's floating properties. The element once freed from the rock surrounding it will float into the air, and continue to float until some greater force contains or redirects it's ascension. Cavorite has no propulsion qualities, and therefore if freed from the rock it is embedded in, it will continue to rise until it disappears from this world if unimpeded. But if captured and used correctly the element can be used to allow an object attached to it to float. The rarity of the element makes it three times as valuable as mithril, and thus it's use is not very widespread. However there are certain clans of dwarven pirates who have crafted cogs and long-ships with cavorite attached to the masts. These “airships” have become particularly popular in the budding outposts throughout the Dread Moors north of the Emerald Hills. There is even talk of a Sergeant Pepper who flies a great three mast carrack made of a strange garishly yellow wood.”

Fionnigan chuckled to himself while reading the description of this flamboyant sky pirate and his band of lonely hearts, and then closed the book and set it aside. He picked up another book entitled, “The Adventures of Grand Admiral Asmund Boromir Brandsson Grendelspage” and flipped to a page near the end of the book and began to read.

“On the Skypirates of the lost city of Faun Ost. The lost city of Faun Ost was built by an alliance of men, elves, and dwarves who seeked to build a city that would float high above the world. In order to do so one of the elven mages involved in the building of the city opened a portal to the elemental plane of air, and now having an unfettered connection to the plane magic users began to summon air elementals to enslave in order to build their floating city. The city was from that moment on built and run on the power and essence of air elementals. The city lasted for thousands of years in the sky, and was a sort of harbor in the sky for the few who were bold and brave enough to master riding the winds. The city would buzz with the sounds of great throngs of people, dragonriders from across the mystic seas, gryphonriders from the golden plains, and one of the rarest things ever imagined a confederacy of pirates, sky pirates to be exact.

In the early days of the city various sea captains came to the city and proposed the idea of flying ships in order to ease the lagistics of supplying the city. The council of alderman agreed and a shipwright was hired to fashion ships that would be magically fused with an enslaved air elemental.”

Fionnigan closed the book, and sat back in his chair folding his hands in his lap. This was very interesting information. Fionnigan stood up from his chair, and picked up the candle sitting on the desk. It was late, and there were many things to do in order to prepare for the sky pirate kings coronation.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Last edited by TheOneTrueFinn on Wed May 30, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:53 pm 

ooc...(lol...I just don't know what to do with that, Finn.)

Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:00 pm 

"All hands on deck!" Docsi yelled as the crew of the 'Turtle's Revenge' scrambled to assemble on the main deck of the airship.

"Crew's assembled, Cap'n," Lady Dair said as she walked up to stand beside the dwarf.

"Good," he replied.

"Listen up boys and girls. We are five days out from Tanglewood and I want this bird lookin' tip top before we get there. Quartermaster, I want all shipboard weapons cleaned and sharpened ready for the attack. We will be making a short stop to meet up with our friendly neighborhood satyr who has been causin no end of problems for them no good guards of King Alby's."

The crew laughed and clapped each other on the backs.

"So, let's have all hands to duty. Ya'll are the best damn crew to fly the clouds and I know we are gonna make an impression," Docsi laughed. "The plans are all made. We will be meetin' up with the dark brotherhood mages soon after we make land fall."

Docsi raised his axe and began a merry song..."Oh, I am the pirate king!"

"Huzzah!" yelled the crew.

"And it is, it is a wonderful thing to be a DWARVEN pirate king!" with a salute, Docsi turned and made his way back to the helm, followed by the cheers of his crew.

"The crew's wound up and ready to fight," Dair said as she followed him aft.

"It'll be a merry bash won't it," Docsi replied as he looked up into the slightly slanted eyes of his wife and first mate. "Have you had any word from House Quendellie? Are they gonna support us?"

"I believe the elven house will be supportive. Singollo will probably be joining us a well. Us 'monsters'," she laughed, "have to stick together."

Docsi laughed.

"I'll relieve you at dawn," Dair said as she leaned down and kissed the dwarf on his forehead. The first mate of the 'Revenge' turned and sauntered away toward the cabin they shared. She turned as she stepped onto the main deck. "I'll have Sierra bring you a mug of beer."

"My thanks," Docsi replied with a smile, "see ye in the mornin."

Gaslight Sky Pirate

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing