Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Historical Discovery
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:50 am 

The manuscript was faded. The paper was cracked and brittle. It was a wonder that it had survived all this time, and moreso that anyone had found it buried in the vaults in the Royal Hall. But here it was.

It was the Hellblazer who had first brought it to Forest's attention. An old document that had debated the punishments of the Crown over the years. It alluded to an old trial, but with an unknown outcome. Merely that the guilty party had been "removed". It seemed an odd expression. Not killed, exiled, excommunicated, but...removed.

As they seached farther back, there were other hints that this trial, this punishment, was something strange, and in some cases, listed as the most dangerous use of royal power. Forest had enlisted multiple wizards, druid, healers, and bards. All the casters to help delve into their own guild libraries to look into what it may have been.

Why such a puch over something so simple? Because in more than one case, another word had been used. One that was too familiar these days. One that could mean destruction or salvation. "Void"

And now the search had come to this piece of parchment. Ancient as the hills itself almost. A Royal decree of guilt. And a punishment like no other. A wizard too powerful to hold captive. A wizard with too many friends for a simple death. A wizard who had to be removed. A wizard who was cast into the "void".

But something had gone wrong.

10 years was the time listed on the cracked scroll, but it had been far longer, and the wizard had never returned. The spell had gone awry. And it we he who was now on the other side. It was he who had all the power of the void at his disposal. It was he who had spent centuries harnessing its power, growing angry, going mad. And now, he wanted revenge.

There had to be more. They needed to know how the spell was cast. The ritual behind it. They needed answers, and fast.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post subject: Re: Historical Discovery
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:47 pm 

Fionnigan made his way through the crowd gathered for the gladiatorial games that were being held in honor of the Banner Wars Tournament. It had been a long time since he had seen so many gathered in the woods of Tanglewood Forest. So many old faces, and new had flooded into the forests of the royal hunting grounds. This part of Tanglewood forest was specifically sequestered years ago as a place for the crown to hold tournaments, feasts, and other celebrations for the land and its people. The high table was full of visiting dignitaries, and Czar Forest sat and caroused with the visiting nobles. The king was always a natural at working a room. One of the most charismatic to wear the crown, Forest had a smile and story for everyone noble or commoner.

On this night he told many, and drank through every one. It was a good night to celebrate. Some amount of peace, harmony, and order was coming back to the realm. Sir Delphos had been freed, the crown was, it would seem, getting closer to a plan to close the portal, and the annual tournament of the banners had been held with rousing success. The annual banner wars tournament held in Tanglewood Forest was a chance for the realm to celebrate, and come together in brotherhood. The recent turmoils of the realm had made Finn wonder if it was even possible for the celebration to be held. Yet here they were drinking, feasting, and celebrating life in the greatest realm of Amtgardia. Even the fae folk had come out, and had a ball. The satyr folk had been seen prancing all throughout the forest during the entire tournament.

Fionnigan had been busy most of the last few days having been deputized by his liege Tuk who was acting Magistrate for the celebration. However the duties had not been too serious. Most of the attendees had been good about policing themselves, and no major incidents had occurred. Fionnigan made his way to and sat down at a table with some of the gladiators waiting to go on and perform in the bloodsport on display. As he sat there picking large bits of meat from the chicken breast in his hand, a shadowy figure stepped from the trees. The profile of Sir Delphos was recognizable at once to Fionnigan.

Sir Delphos walked from the treeline, and over to the table Fionnigan sat at. He looked down at Fionnigan with that stare that spoke so much. He than took a seat beside Fionnigan, and smiled broadly.

“Are you enjoying the festivities, Finn?” the dark knight asked.

“Yes. This is one of the best celebrations the realm has seen in quite some time, m'lord. We truly need it in these trying times.” replied Fionnigan.

“Yes indeed we do, Finn. By the way, the chicken you're eating was poisoned. But don't worry you and the rest of the attendees will be fine. It's all part of the plan.” and with that the dark knight disappeared before the mage's eyes.

As soon as Fionnigan's mind began to process what he had just been told, his vision began to blur. He felt a lightness of the head come over him, as if he had had too much to drink too fast. Then the world around him faded into a black nothingness.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:19 am 

Fionnigan opened his eyes, and saw something that upon first blush he couldn't possibly understand. A man of an undetermined age dressed in black rough spun robes seemed to be floating in the midst of naked black space. The old man had hair that was so long it floated around the man's body like long tethers of rope. The man seemed incredibly old to Finn's perception, but also seemed to be somehow young as well. Finn could only think of it as an agelessness that was assuredly unnatural. Fionnigan immediately looked down to see if he was also floating within this formless void, and found he was standing on a block of granite about twenty feet square.

The old man studied Fionnigan for quite a while, saying nothing. As his eyes moved up and down Finn's body he noticed that the pupils were devoid of any sort of color. In his sockets lay two white orbs which resembled hard boiled eggs.

“Who are you?” the old man asked.

“I am Fionnigan Hellblazer. Where am I?” Finn asked.

“You are in my home. Or what has been my home for so many years now I no longer know the exact number. I stopped keeping track after the first century. Now I would ask you Fionnigan Hellblazer how did you come to be here?” the old man asked.

“I don't even know where here is, much less how I cam to be here.” Finn replied.

“Here is the void, or at least a part of the void. It isn't connected to the greater void, otherwise you and I would have been eaten by something lying in wait in the todash.” replied the old man. As Finn heard the old man speak he thought the voice sounded familiar, but he couldn't think of why.

“The todash?” Fionnigan asked.

“Yes, the space which makes up the void. That is the closest I can come to a name in the common tongue for it. There are beasts that live between the worlds, and that is where they dwell; in the nothing. They are eaters of souls, and devourers of consciousness. I have been in communication with them, and have harnessed some of their power. You have already seen what I am capable of, mage. Yes I am well aware of who you are Hellblazer. I showed you who I was through the wizard's glass. I spoke to you. I have been the cause of the internal strife in your home land. I will take my vengeance on your people for what they did to me, and everyone of you man, woman, or child will be destroyed by the time I am done.” roared the old man.

Finn suddenly felt as if he was being crushed by an unseen force, and then he lost consciousness.

As his vision and conscious thought began to fade, Finn could hear the old man laughing. He also thought he heard a voice from somewhere far away say, “Time to wake up, Hellblazer.”.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:33 pm 

“Hellblazer, are you okay?” Draeven asked.

“What? What just happened?” Fionnigan asked.

“Well Sir Delphos decided it would be really funny to poison the entire feasting party. I guess to the kind of gallows humor an assassin might find funny...”

“He didn't do it for humor Draeven. He had a purpose. You must get me to the Czar at once.” Fionnigan interjected.

“You just came back from the brink of death Hellblazer. You're in no state to...” Draeven protested before Fionnigan cut him off again.

“I have met the one who is responsible for the recent ills our realm has seen, and I think I know how we stop him.” Fionnigan said as he rose to his feet.

“Then let's get you to Forest.” replied Draeven.“

Mortem proditoribus.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing