Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: The Dark knight Rises
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:07 pm 

Fionnigan picked up the aged etched leather saddle. The saddle had been his father Wilhelm's, and before that had belonged to his grandfather Frankelin. The saddle was made of a fine black leather with a knot work border that ended in two gryphon heads that encircled the riding horn. He turned around and began to cross the length of the barn to the gryphon waiting on the other side with the saddle in hand. Fionnigan stepped up next to Felerof and placed the saddle on the blanket on his back. The gryphon turned his head and stared at Fionnigan with a gentle look.

Fionnigan began to secure the saddle, and stopped halfway through. He stood from where he was kneeling and began to speak softly.

“Fulgurum claustrum, fulgurum claustrum, fulgurum claustrum,...” Fionnigan said as his hands began to crackle with yellow archs of electricity.

“Fulgurum claustrum...”

As Fionnigan continued in the chant he began to turn around. As Fionnigan completed the turn he shouted the last stanza of the incantation as a two foot long arch of yellow lightning lept from his hands. The bolt sizzled and popped as it flew through the air and struck the wall of the barn. The shadowy figure that had just a second before been standing in front of that section of wall was now directly to the left of the now charred section of wall.

“It's a good thing I don't trust you as much as you obviously don't trust me, eh Hellblazer?” asked Lord Sutra as he appeared from his shade form.

“Lord Sutra, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't trust anyone who sneaks into my barn at night without so much as a knock on the barn door. What brings you here, m' lord?” asked Fionnigan.

“Sir Delphos sent you a missive requesting an audience with you, did he not?” asked Lord Sutra.

“Yes. I was actually just heading to my room in the Emerald City. I thought it might be better for us to meet there given that he is now an enemy of the crown.” replied Fionnigan.

“There's no need for your trip now, Hellblazer. My knight is here, well his body is here at least. He's lying in your study actually.” replied Lord Sutra.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:15 am 

Sir Delpos lay on the table Fionnigan had brought in from the dining room. The dark knight was somewhere in between worlds. His spirit was not quite severed but still not exactly tethered to this dimension or any other. Fionnigan and Lord Sutra stood beside the table.

“He fell before the wall at the Pass. As soon as it happened I was at his side. One of our healers attempted to resurrect him, but his spirit was somehow being blocked. It wasn't severed, but the healer wasn't able to call it from the beyond. I performed a reanimate, and that has just resulted in some sort of fevered sleeping state. He has been speaking in his sleep, and he said your name and something called Pompeii. I teleported us both here the minute he said your name. Why did he want to see you Hellblazer?” asked Lord Sutra

“I don't know. I wondered that same thing. Until just now. You said he said the name Pompeii, correct?” asked Fionnigan

“Yes. He said it and your name a couple of times. Do you know what it is?” asked Lord Sutra'

“It is a long dead and forgotten city. There are a number of references to it in many of the tomes and books on magic and the occult. I have been searching for more information about this place, and a tome of great power that is said to be from there. It would seem that Sir Delphos knows a thing or two about this dead city.” said Fionnigan.

“So it would seem. Hellblazer, I must get back to the defense of the Pass. I am going to leave my knight in your care for the time being. If there is possibly anything you can do to hasten his recovery it would be greatly appreciated. Also if you endanger him or turn him over to the crown it won't ever be forgotten.” stated Lord Sutra with an easy tone.

“Lord Sutra, whatever the circumstances of Sir Delpos' current legal status are not my concern. What is my concern is this portal, and the horrors that are coming from it. Sir Delphos may be the only one with the answers I need. Besides that I wouldn't let anyone in need of my abilities die in my home, no matter who they are or what their circumstances are.” replied Fionnigan.

“Good than I leave him to your care, mage.” said Lord Sutra as he teleported out of the room in a cloud of black smoke that smelled faintly of sulphur.

Fionnigan turned and walked to the head of the table, and stared down at the unconscious dark knight, unsure of what more could be done for him. As soon as he looked down the dark knight's eyelids began to move as the eyes beneath began to move in their sockets. Something within the dark knight was stirring that much was obvious.

“Sir Delphos?” asked Fionnigan not sure if the dark knight could hear his voice. “Sir Delphos can you hear me?”

Sir Delphos' eyes shot open and he looked around the room suspiciously until his gaze focused on Fionnigan.

“Sir Delphos. Welcome back. We thought we had lost you for good there. said Fionnigan.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:17 pm 

“Good than I leave him to your care, mage.” said Duke Sutra as he teleported out of the room in a cloud of black smoke that smelled faintly of sulfur.

Time and space collapsed on itself. With time and experience, the dark one had seen more than the common resident of the realm.

He had imagined the destination like he had always done. Only this time, something wasn't right. It felt like a tug of an annoying thread. A tendril of invisible hair tightly wound around a finger. The tug turned to a slight pull. Sutra's momentum began to stall.

A teleport. Simple once mastered, complex in theory. An action that was unhindered and impossible to disrupt. Only a trained scout could track the invisible path taken by a teleporting entity. But something had managed to reach into the fabric of the in between and find him.

Dark coils reached out and ripped the shade from his effortless phasing and into oblivion.

Sutra writhed in angry horror as memories long buried flashed before his eyes. Yet they were not memories. They were moments in time he was forced to relive.

Sutra roared against this travesty. Darkness pulled harder, seemingly feeding off of the master assassin's rage.

'Come to me Bahuas.' whispered the void.

[con't in 'Heart of Darkness']

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing