Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: The Last Gryphon
 Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:33 pm 

Fionnigan awoke on his back in a clearing surrounded by thick forest. Sitting up sharply, shocked by his current surroundings, Fionnigan began to look around peering into the woods that surrounded him.

“Where in the name of Queen Mother Arafael am I?” thought Fionnigan as he began to get up off the ground, dusting his robes off as he drew himself up.

“I assume I'm in Tanglewood, but I'm not certain of where.” Fionnigan's hand began to aimlessly rumage through his bag of holding looking for something but what Fionnigan did not know.

“Are you certain you're even in Tanglewood?” snorted back the voice he often heard in his head when even a whisp of confidence found it's way into his heart.

“Well, no, not exactly. Wait, I know what will resolve this issue.” Fionnigan retorted back to his own traitorous mind.

Fionnigan began to search the sky, his hand still digging around for something in the various bags, pouches, and pockets that he had on him at all times. He was looking for the Star of North. Once he had established it's position he could be sure of where exactly he was. Fionnigan found the star with some amount of ease, and as he did so his hand brushed the very thing his subconcious had known he was going to need the entire time, a celestial sky map. Fionnigan pulled the folded parchment map from the pocket he had found it in, and tossed it to the ground in front of him.

“Dlofun.” Fionnigan whispered.

As soon as the magical command was spoken the map began to unfold itself on the ground in front of Fionnigan. He peared down at the magical map as the globe drawn in the center slowly turned it's standard revolution. The black furthest edges of the map began to wink and twinkle with what appeared to be drawn stars that behaved just like the stars in the night sky. One shone above every other star on the map, the Star of North. As the map star north began to pulse and beat with an unkown energy pattern the star field and globe at the center of the map began to whirl around each other like two dancers embraced in a waltz.

Finally the pair of two dimensional bodies halted their dance. At once the field of the map began to fill up with the green and blue coloring of the globe in the center as it became larger and larger in the field of the map. As Fionnigan peered down at the map it became all too clear to him where it was that he was at. He was in the clearing of the Gryphon in the Golden Woods outside of the Lake of the Plains. He wasn't even in the Emerald Hills at all. He was in the Kingdom of the Golden Plains.

“Well damnit.”

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post subject: Re: The Last Gryphon
 Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:31 pm 

Fionnigan walked along the path he had discovered leading outside the clearing he had awoke in. He looked around him at the trees and forests he had played in as a child. A levee in his pool of memory broke, and flashes of memory came flooding back to him in a wave that caused the mage to stop and stare into the darkness for a moment.

Fionnigan remembered running through these woods with his friends playing at being soldiers when they were but small children. Ah if they had only known in those greener days what obstacles and decisions would shape what their lives had become. Would they have changed their courses had they been laid out in front of them from that moment until their ends when they were children? Could they have changed their courses even if they had known what they were in store for, or does fate always have a way of working it's strange unseen hand into our lives no matter what we do? These were questions that had to be left to greater minds than his. For the moment he just let the waves of memories flow over and through him without putting up any resistence.

At the moment that he began to remember one of the circle's first encounters with aclhohol and the results of that encounter, Fionnigan came to another clearing in the trees. He remembered this place. This was where he had first encountered Felerof, the gryphon that would become his gryphon. He stepped into the clearing and looked around at the ground and the trees around him. As he was looking around the sound of great wings beating the air began to fill Fionnigan's ears and he knew there was a gryphon near. As Fionnigan looked up to the sky it filled with the great body and wings of an old great gryphon. Fionnigan knew this gryphon, this was Retrop the eldest gryphon in the Golden Plains. This was the leader of the tribe of gryphon's that had worked with the people of Gryphon's Haven for years.

“Hail Fionnigan son of Wilhelm, Sorceror of order of the Tower, Rider of the Gryphon. You are well met fellow traveler. What brings you to the Gilded Forest?” said Retrop in a great booming voice that filled the valley of the Gilded Forest.

“Hail Retrop Lord of the Gryphons and Protector of the Gilded Forest. I am not sure why I am here actually. I awoke in the Clearing of the Gryphon, and have been trying to discern why I am here ever since than.” replied Fionnigan

The great gryphon broke into a great booming laugh that rang through the trees, and echoed off the hills around the forest.

“So you are here back at the land of your birth, and you have no idea why. Well it seems to this gryphon that you have a serious problem with sleep walking, or someone has brought you here for some reason or another. At any rate, it is good to see you again young Master Hellblazer. We had recently heard of you disarming the unit of Gryphon Riders in the Emerald Hills.” said the great gryphon. This last part being said in a very matter of fact way.

“Yes. I really had no choice. There was just not enough support coming from the Kingdom in order to maintain the unit” stated Fionnigan.

“Well they are a different Kingdom, older than The Plains and more set in their ways. It is just as good that you did what you did. They were never going to hewn to our ways anyway. However it doesn't mean that you didn't pay heed to the teachings of your father and your fathers fathers. You are undeniably of the people of the Haven, and your heritage is nothing to be ashamed of. Nor was your attempt to take that heritage south the Hills. You just couldn't have known what obstacles there were to doing what you were trying to do. At any rate you did your best, and now it's time to let those days go..” said Retrop.

“You are right. I must continue to take my peoples ways into my new land through my own example. Bless you wise one, and may the gods continue to bless this land.” said Fionnigan as he readied himself to leave.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing