Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Times of change
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:10 am 

The thoughts of past battles plague the young monks mind as he rests in his camp. He takes a swig from his flask and grumbles to himself. "All of this for nothin'. Nothin' changes and people come and go...Hiccup...whats the point? Kingdom in shambles with ever...everybody at each other's throats." The monk grabs a overhanging branch and tries to pull himself up, slipping on the wet leaves under him. He finally pulls himself up to his feel and stumbles forward. "Women betray men, and men betray women."

He takes another swig from his flask then throws it into the air. "Theirs no more entertainment here!" As the flask flies through the air, the monk quickly reaches into his bag, grabs a dagger, and throws it, pinning the flask against a tree.

"My home of King's Point is one filled with both the wise...hiccup...and the foolish alike. The time has come for this lonely wanderer to cask aside his crutch and embrace that...that which is hidden in darkness." The monk walks towards the blazing and grabs a burning branch. "Let the darkness consume me so that one day light will shine upon this place I call home, and let my enemies fall by thy hands." With the burning branch in hand, the monk starts to draw a symbol in the sand. Dark chants started to fill the air as old symbols were marked into the earth. As the last circle was drawn the monk cast the branch back into the fire and sat into the rings and runes.

"I come to thee oh god of death, seeking to walk under your shadow. Let me be the bridge you seek between our world and yours." The monk's head drops as he chants and the air seems to stand still. "I cast off the chains of the present and embrace the old ways. Let your darkness flow through me and the cold sink into me..." His head snaps up suddenly and the fire snuffs out. No rustle of leaves or the snap of a twig can be heard as if somebody just cut off all sound in the area. After a few moments of unnatural silence a whisper flows through the air. A name that has been forgotten by some and a name that is feared by many.

"Araaaawwwwnnnn"

Guild Master of Monks for King's Point

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing