Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 pm 

To all those who have declared for Kingdom Office,

Here are the statecraft questions for those running for office for the LXII reign. Please remember to answer these questions at least 2 weeks prior to Elections Good luck to you all and Stay Blessed my friends.

HRDM,
King Smiley Ironfist

https://goo.gl/forms/x3crkEx2neqQN5GI3

"We need to learn to accept apologies we have never received. For we can't fix ourselves by breaking someone else."

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:58 pm 

Corsy Savitar for Kingdom Champion:

What is the main goal you hope to achieve for the position you are running for this reign?

I would like to see more people battle-gaming and participating at tournaments at all skill levels. It was obvious at World Banner Wars, especially in the women's tournament, that there are people who aren't entirely comfortable with trying to fight too far outside of their realm of experience that enjoy fighting enough to participate in a variety of ways. I would like to hold more low level tournaments at parks during or around Kingdom visits to encourage people to shake some of their nerves. Battlegames are way more fun when you integrate levels of role play in with the fighting, especially for those who have spent less time on the field and don't have a high level of skill. In addition, I hope to organize a relic quest that includes various quest and battlegame elements early on in the reign.

How would you make our game better if you had unlimited resources?

First of all, every park would have cones, flagging tape, flags, various items, and all the loaner garb and gear they could want. I know that I personally was drawn in only after I'd experienced fighting wearing armor, a shield, and (I know, I know) a flail. Every quest and battlegame would have items made specifically for it. Every newbie would receive the Corpora and the Rules of Play (I know we can get that as a dues paid member, but that doesn't mean it always happens) at the end of their first day. We'd laminate spell lists and make laminated battlegame books that could be carried around, sun, rain, or snow.

What steps have you taken to balance your mundane life so that you can effectively serve as a kingdom official?

I already don't work weekends, I have a steady schedule work schedule, and I have a car in working order. I'm not in a relationship and have no children, and my pets are either independent or portable.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:43 pm 

Amethyst Panther - Monarch

What is the main goal you hope to achieve for the position you are running for this reign?

My main goal as monarch would be to empower women in leadership roles in our Kingdom. I have seen a massive shift in the way we treat women in our game and it is inspiring. I would like to continue this trend and encourage more of our female players to step up and run for office, step into leadership and service roles.
I will continue to grow our game and attract new players to Amtgard at a local and a kingdom level with the help and ideas from you, the populace. I want to hear from our players and get your perspective and ideas on what draws you to our game and use that to help attract new players and rekindle the flame of “The Dream” in old players. We have over 260 active members across 12 parks in the Emerald Hills. I want to connect with all of you and find ways to keep you engaged and get you out to participate in our kingdom events. We all know that the higher the attendance is at our events the more fun and inclusive the atmosphere of events are.
I will inspire and encourage those of our populace that want step in to leadership and service roles with the continued mentorship through our Masters as well as those who have been successful in those roles. Above all else, I will encourage each of you to have fun and help those around you have fun and build that camaraderie that gives us a sense of belonging and makes this game great!
Lastly, my Valkyries and I will rise up and reverse the damage caused by this Dark Majesty and his Horsemen and bring unity and solidarity to our great kingdom once more!

How would you make our game better if you had unlimited resources?

I would construct a living village central to our kingdom. One where our artisans would have shops and stores fronts to sell and trade their wares. Forests and open fields for varied and unique battlefields for battle games and quests. I would have a keep built so that we can have a place to hold grand feasts, court and all of events that require us to be indoors. Oh, and camps tons of camps! Park camps, company camps communal camps…Cabins for those that don’t like to camp and would rather glamp. Showers and privys for all!
On a local level I would have our parks outfitted with loaner gear, champion’s chest with gear to run battle games, advertising media like flyers, business cards, banners, and portable pavilions.

What steps have you taken to balance your mundane life so that you can effectively serve as a kingdom official?

I have built a great support system at home that will help to ensure that I can see to my Kingdom duties and responsibilities as they require me attention. I have time set aside each day to review and monitor kingdom activities and take action as needed on the kingdom’s behalf but will be available at anytime if a situation arises that requires my immediate attention.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:48 pm 

Lily FaceWrecker - Regent

- What is the main goal you hope to achieve for the position you are running for this reign??

My goal is to create an encouraging atmosphere around the arts, so that people of all skill levels can have an avenue to compete and increase their diversity as artists. I want to work with the individual park regents to create park level competitions that coincide with upcoming kingdom visits, that can then progress to kingdom level throughout the reign, to encourage people at all ranges of experience to make new things. I would also like to hold Master Classes throughout the reign where Masters/Serpent Knights can showcase a craft to give people who are wanting to try something new but might not know how to get started a way to grow for themselves and for the game. Hopefully in doing so, we will increase the growing level of excitement that our artisans have been showing so we can all have a richer, more beautiful Amtgard.

- How would you make our game better if you had unlimited resources?

I would start with a widespread marketing and advertisement strategy so we could reach even more people and increase our populace nationwide. Set up booths at local Ren Faires, gaming conventions and in local community and college centers to really be able to reach our demographic. Utilize large more aesthetically pleasing event venues that including indoor facilities for a wider range of onsite crafting, including for advanced Master Classes with all the essential tools and materials provided for a reasonable fee. Finally, I would like to increase the aesthetics of day to day play by; adding realistic looking battlefield gear and game items, classes for how to make your persona ‘look the part’, and following the trend from this year’s WBW, make evening court a wonderful thing to experience.

- Which steps have you taken to balance your mundane life so that you can effectively serve as a kingdom official?

I have a very stable job with a permanent rotating shift so I can plan far in advance. If anything were to be a scheduling conflict I have enough PTO saved up in preparation for this reign there shouldn’t be an issue. My shift includes having weekdays off as well and I’m generally available to help with securing any urgent questions or concerns, regardless of the time. My husband is equally active in Amtgard and is an excellent support and resource system, along with my Knight and Company.

~ Squire of the Risen ~ Bender of Shields ~ Khaleesi of the Green Dragons ~

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:37 pm 

Luna Mia Hun - GMR

What is the main goal you hope to achieve for the position you are running for this reign? *

To ensure that people are having fun safely and understand and are following the rules. I'd like to encourage more people to become reeve and corpora tested regardless of whether they are or intend to run for a kingdom or park level office.

How would you make our game better if you had unlimited resources? *

Build Castles, Monsters and Garb (Think Keep and the Beholder created by Sir Heydeez this year), etc. Have Amtgard Buses to take people to and from events. Invest in Kingdom owned medieval silverware, plates and goblets to be used for feasts. Invest in medieval style pavilions. Hold A&S Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced garbing classes at events that have sewing machines available, and a store of all the fabric, materials, etc. on hand needed to applique, etc. Hold leather classes as well with all of the materials needed.

What steps have you taken to balance your mundane life so that you can effectively serve as a kingdom official? *

I have a flexible work schedule, I'm off every weekend, and I have the availability and resources I need to attend events, kingdom visits, and park days during this reign.
I'm online daily and can respond promptly to any necessary communications. My husband is also fully supportive of my endeavors.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard