Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:59 pm 

EH/DREADMOOR/TWF Archivy Goodness Pt.2 [SUPER LONG BUT INFORMATIVE]

I'm posting this second part of historical goodness in light of the TWF Revival/Dreadmoor Disband/Atoka-OK Suckage Movement.

-I don't think Atoka or Boggy Depot sucks. I actually like it. For a myriad of reasons.
-I think the whole "Atoka and Boggy Depot can suck our sweaty spellball sack" has done nothing constructive, has alienated the North, and has segregated both sides into stubborn and nearsighted factions.
-As much as I miss TWF and the "good old days", I perceive TWF as the "EX", and things will never be like they used to be. I experienced how the fervent pursuit of "what Amtgard used to be" deteriorated into a downward spiral of jaded beliefs and neurotic conspiracy theories, first hand.
-I'm not against having a TWF event sprinkled here and there among reigns/calendars, but am convinced, that if everything EH is yanked back down to TWF permanently - it will destroy what little EH/DM diplomatic ties (and may be salvageable) remain.
-I know for a fact that the Emerald Hills has done amazing things with both Texas AND Oklahoma monarch's at the helm and populace involvement/investment - and can continue to do so.
-I also recognize that both sides have had bad apples, hell-bent on ruining everyone's fun and well-being, having incurred long-lasting effects on people/perceptions/The Dream.
-I saw a post by Brennon about attendance numbers somewhere around here, and would love to see an updated tally. He made an extremely good case about how delicate the attendance balance is for both groups. I'm curious to see how the EH would stand as a kingdom numbers wise if DM were to petition RW, NW, or TD.
-The whole "EH" deadline for DM's kingdom-hood, and now we're taking our toys back argument, though emotionally valid in some sense - is not how the EH has ever worked. Did I miss the memo where the EH is no longer in the Kingdom seeding business?
-I for one stand with those who want to strengthen The Dream, for it to be accessible to all parties involved, in the safest and considerate way possible - no matter what kingdom/company colors you wave.

Anyone know the history of EH-GP/RW relations? Wasn't there a EH/CK connection as well?

-http://amtwiki.net/amtwiki/index.php/Golden_Plains
"The Kingdom of the Golden Plains was founded as a Shire of the Emerald Hills in Amarillo, Texas, in 1988. It quickly attained status as a Barony on March 11, 1989 and in 1992 the Golden Plains became the fourth Amtgard Kingdom"

http://amtwiki.net/amtwiki/index.php/Rising_Winds
"Thus, with the gracious aid and sponsorship of the Kingdom of the Emerald Hills, was born the Barony of the Rising Winds, an independent freehold of Amtgardia nestled firmly in the barbaric wastes of the Midwest."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeVO2t7dKzQ
Neat video clip filmed by Yusheng of the first EH kingdom visit to the northern alliance (which would later become Dreadmoor). Sir Richard Trinity Lawrence​ was the sitting monarch, with myself; who had just stepped down as monarch. Pretty crazy to see how far/behind we've come/gotten since that video was taken.

***Posted on the Dreadmoor Forum on Aug 10th, 2010***
http://dreadmoor.yuku.com/topic/479/Dre ... SwWBBc-bsM

I'm personally done with the he/she said drama of anything and everything dealing with DM. Too many creds/not enough sign in's. Parks can't have barony status cause of missing info/parks needing to be duchies because of too many players. Parks tearing at each other or not involving one another.

DM has become a reality because of the hard work of a few who wanted to see the void that is tween the EH/RS/NW filled with a vibrant kingdom to call their own. Huzzah to those folks.

They saw helping hands come from various factions from EH proper. Huzzah to them.

Why am I raising such a stink about anything DM? Cause I feel that I have one of the deepest vested interests in the northern parks. Remember?

Remember when the EH hit a low point in the cycle of existence? When we were a 4* park kingdom. When the reign before mine, with the help of an inspiring guild, made possible the Duchy of Finder's Keep. 4 parks. It was quaint. I remember reading about Tal Dagore's fallout on Esam. I remember reaching out to over 10 'dis-enfranchised' parks offering a welcoming hand.
*Midnight Rain was still a petitioning park with very little communication. So technically, we we're 5 parks.

And I remember reading mixed responses from them all. Some decided to stay with Tal Dagore/Northern Gate/Rising Winds and some had disbanded due to disillusionment. Four parks replied with a sincere thank you for having been contacted.

Riverstone (Yusheng), Soul's Crossing (Lurker) , Mystic Mountains (Strongdrake), and Storm Grove (Derek and Sio) at the time - am I missing anyone? I still remember when Riverstone was a 5-10 person park. I still remember visiting ya'll at our first EH/Mystic Mountain/Storm Grove Summerfest back in 07. Yusheng even recently posted the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeVO2t7dKzQ) of my silly speech to those brave souls about how to expect the passion/apathy of future monarchs to come.

All of a sudden the kingdom went from 4 parks to a vibrant 8**. Our park roster doubled in less than half a reign, overlapping mine and Sir Trinity's reign. **9 if you want to get technical.
We saved each other. The EH offered those four parks a place to call home. A roof over their wandering heads. A new family. The northern parks breathed invigorating hope into us. They helped double our size and made for interesting out of state visits.

Hell, I still remember sitting at BOD meetings being told that having added ya'll was a stupid idea. Yeah. Really. But we marched on, with ya'll at our side.

Do you remember how I filled you heads with the story of how the EH demanded it's kingdom status. How it didn't ask permission. It took it, becoming the second kingdom of Amtgard. And as much as I would love to be able to say that I was there - but totally missed it cause I was still too busy with Saturday morning cartoons, a sincere Huzzah to those who made the EH possible.

I fear that this may have skewed the perception on how to reach what DM wants. As much as I want to believe every I and T has been properly marked, things here and there don't add up. Something that I wish could once and for all be cleared up. But I digress...

So here I was, surrounded by a new and bright-eyed, bushy tailed northern family eager to join the EH in it's journey. Trinity and I provided information to the first pioneers on how to attain kingdom-hood (I remember reading somewhere how we were referenced to never having provided such info - not true). Some may have felt we didn't pursue getting them on track ASAP as apathy, when in reality we wanted them to settle in and get acquainted to their new 'alma-matter'. We wanted them to take their time and prepare. And now - in just the past year, it's feels like it's been a whirlwind of events that almost feel too rushed.

Their experience with monarchs after us was both positive and negative. I remember being told about how they had been insulted by visiting kings and PM's. I remember hearing about insight gained from other monarchs. And yes, from what little history a bit after, Faunna helped them form a cohesive group with a defined goal. Heck, she even helped them find a name. Dreadmoor. Huzzah.

Flash forward to the now. It's killing me to read and hear all this he/she/they said about DM. How things aren't being done right, or how high office is lax on how they're handling the situation, or why x persons need to get over it and shuffle along as blind mutes.

We need to once and for all sort everything out that has come up between all groups involved in regards to this toxic DM situation. You know who you are. And me thinks this midreign is the best place to do it. What say you?

It really should only involve the people at the core of it all with the current monarch at the helm. The people who have facts and raw data. Be it from actual experience or collected reports. Possibly even the BOD and past/current PM.

And above all, I would be humbled to be invited to simply listen in to all sides and their claims/complaints/comments.

Why? Cause I plan to run for monarch in the near future. And I want to be properly informed. I want both sides to have their sh!t together and be on the same page, especially when the time comes for DM to make it's claim to the CoM. This is not a threat to disband or discredit anyone.

It's a promise to work with all groups involved in a constructive and positive way that will ensure that all desired goals are meet by the books.

It's as easy as that. Again, thanks for reading through my rant, but it's been something that's been with me since that March 07 day when I made new friends in Oklahoma/Arkansas/Tennessee.

Humbly,
Sutra Bahuas

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard