Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: weaponmaster........
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:03 am 

i mean come the fuck on..... if you've already got the title of "warlord" why do you even do these things? to fuck up other people's chances of getting anywhere? i got fucked over every second round... because of kerb... i KNOW i cant beat him.... i dont think there's very many who can.

"And the winner of Weaponmaster 38 is Kerb with 27 points.

Second Place : Brennon 18 "

the closest anyone else got was 6pts.

wtf guys. yeah, you're great fighters. but discouraging others doesnt exactly contribute to the game. hell everlast coulda had that one, or mebe rage, or sir morgan, or scytale. i mean i'm mediocre at best, but i woulda did alot better if i didnt have to fight kerb every second round.

i'm done bitching.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:27 am 

Hey, that isn't fair at all.

I would have had way more points if I had fought on Saturday.

Joking aside, this isn't like a school-yard slide or being line-leader in kindergarten. Everybody doesn't get a turn.

It's a tournament. The object is to pit all the players against each other and determine who the best is. Or, in this case, who actually was able to participate both Saturday and Sunday (Kerb!).

Post subject: Re: weaponmaster........
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:55 pm 

I agree with Brennon here - weaponmaster is a tournament. Sure, there are going to be people there who will rock you into the ground with a consistency that may make most want to go home and cry in frustration, but if it was regulated out by years or even judged skill it wouldn't be much of a tournament and it would certainly not reflect any aspect of re-creation. I made it out late for the Saturday weaponmaster - too late to join which kinda sucked, and I had my kids this weekend so I didn't feel like driving them out to FK and back Sunday. Were it a different weekend I would have gone and enetered, probably knowing full well that I wouldn't win the tourney or anything, but that's not what I want to get out of it. On the standard field I try to look at what separates my personal style or ability from anyone who kicks my ass, in a tournament this is even more so. I've known for quite a while that there are plenty of fighters in amtgard that will consistently take me out, but never once do I consider that I could never be that good. If I were to do that, I think I would be walking out yielding the moment I picked up a stick. Never let anyone intimidate you specifically be reputation or even history, you're guaranteed to lose. Fight harder, understand what your failings, openings and shortcomings are and work on them. I'm too long-winded.

At any rate, even if you work forever and still get your ass kicked, take solace in the fact that at least you have a place where you can go hit people with sticks for fun. ;)

- GHosT

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:10 pm 

this makes EH'er number 8 i've seen this said about.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:00 pm 

So...is the problem that you fought Kerb every second round, or that the field (bracket) was small enough that you fought Kerb every second round?

There have been Weaponmasters that some people absolutely dominate, and there have been Weaponmasters that had 7 participants.

Rayel

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm 

i'm just sayin kerb is awesome and it frustrated the hell out ofme that i cant figure him out....grr... i see what brennon's saying... but note the end of my first post "i'm done bitching", lol, i was jsut bitching to vent the frustration of getting destroyed, lol. thats what i tend to do.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:41 pm 

I had a good time on Saturday.

"Béni soit l'Éternel, mon rocher, Qui exerce mes mains au combat, Mes doigts à la bataille"[/align]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:19 pm 

:shock:

[/align]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:21 pm 

sponge";p="4322 wrote:
this makes EH'er number 8 i've seen this said about.

Who were the rest?

[/align]

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:36 pm 

Enough logic has been stated about this, and I know you said you were done bitching Tobias. This should only fuel your desire to win next time, learn from those that have the title Warlord, work with them, I bet they'd be willing to school ye some more, heh.

Your opening "bitch" though is rank, heh.....I mean, think next time before you hit submit. What is the kingdom to do, bar previous title holders and "badasses" from competing?! Negatory. Use that frustration to develope some strategies to take them down! How do ye think they got their titles?

SirLorn

PS and Tony, I dont think it matters "who" the others were, Sponge, wtf is your point? heh

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:13 pm 

I was just curious, and can just find out from Ben this weekend :P

[/align]

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard