Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:53 pm 

Rules Process and Logical Measuring Stick...

Was wondering (again) how some items were modded at the meeting and others we're not?

I was wondering by what guage of 'logic' is used in order to produce a verdict on the rulings at COM? I actually find it disheartening when someone is floored as to how one persons logic is completely below their own. Who has the authority to say whose logic is superior to another again?

I am told that though my ideas aren't 'wrong', they aren't what the rest of Amtgard agree's with.

So would the rules process be more democratic, if let's say the Rules Rep was elected per kingdom by a vote or maybe default the GMR in office? It's a two year election right?

So let's say the rules rep talks to every class GM and has them run a park by park survey/voting on what they'd like to see happen for their class.

What ever ideas are presented/compared/reworded/revised and pass/fail are compiled into kingdom lists that are then a true representative of what the masses want.

Imagine the BL Rules list serving as the sounding board for the rules reps to intensely brainstorm on their results, merging and compiling all their redundant and unique ideas after an adequate time frame.

Run a tally on the how the kingdom votes for a specific item on a finalized Amtgard Rules List up for voting and voila. New rule.

Heck, your kingdom monarch wouldn't even have to suffer missing out on a couple of hours of a great Clan gathering to sit around and vote on the issues anymore. You could even have the new rulings presented at clan, implemented a month later before Banner Wars?

Now wouldn't that rid the possibility of accussations of corruption at the COM level?

Just wondering.
S - Aspiring for a democrazy society.
p.s. Thanks Lukor for the kick in the @ss

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:58 pm 

Nothing will ever rid the accusations of corruption unfortunately. Some people in this game (Lukor as a prime example) will always scream corruption if they do not get everything done exaclty there way.

I guess I don't see the problem. We had plenty of time to come up with suggestions, play test them, discuss them ,etc. Those were then submitted and the COM sat down with a rulebook and discussed each one and how it impacted the game / it's necessity.

Many passed, many failed, but over all the process worked.

As for 'modded' items. Some items were designed to correct issues, but the way they were worded was not sufficient to achieve what they were designed to do. If it was possible to make a slight change, and have the item correct or clarify the issue it was intended to do, the CoM did so. if the change was going to be too drastic, or we were unsure what change was intended by the proposal (some were unclear or already covered in the rule book) they were voted down.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard