Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:22 am 

Okay, it's April 26th and do you know where your rulebook revisions are?

Our Kingdom Rules Rep is Tolken Sistar, so please direct your proposals and ideas for your specific class to him or on this board for communal discussion. Please be considerate and don't banter Tolken, he's only a messenger, not the executor of any of these changes.

Post ideas that are mature and practical. Don't be a tard and post how you think barbarians should be able to carry 15 stoneskins. You know the drill.

The last day for anything to be proposed by our rules rep is the last day of June. That's June 30th. A month and a few days away.

Tolken, is is true that this iis the year the vote at clan is in regards to actual changes and clarifications to the rulebook and that next year it will only be clarifications only.

So speak up kiddies, cause June and Clan will be here before you know it and you'll have another whole year to bitch and whine about how nothing ever changes in your favor. Wanna do something about it? Speak your mind here and now and let's get something done!

Info for Clan XXIV July 19-23:
http://www.amtgardinc.com/blpages/home.htm

Regards
S
------------------------------

Rules Revision Process
http://amtgardinc.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

1) Each Kingdom must elect/appoint a representative. The manner in which this is done is left up to the individual Kingdom.

A) The representative (rep/s) will be the only person allowed to access the boards on Amtgardinc.com to discuss or suggest rule changes/clarifications. (Bulletin boards will be set up at Amtgardinc.com that will be used to post, discuss, and collate requested rule changes. These boards will be open to the public (read-only) to allow for the process to be visible to all members of Amtgard and to promote a more diverse
discussion of these changes on Kingdom lists.)

B) The representative position is an open-ended appointment (The appointment can be ended by either party, Monarch or rep at any time.). This is to allow for consistency amongst the reps.

C) The reps can be removed from the position at any time by the current Monarch of their Kingdom. (This is to allow for the removal of a rep that does not meet the Kingdom standards.)

D) The rep answers directly to their Kingdom Monarch

E) The representative must be a current member of the Kingdom in which he/she is to serve.

F) The main duty of the rep is to poll their Kingdom for rule changes and clarifications then bring them to the boards. Each rep must remain in contact with the Monarchy and Populace in order to promote the Kingdom's rule agenda.

G) The reps have the discretionary right to discard changes that are obviously inappropriate.

H) The reps will discuss the changes on the board to help clarify and clean up the wording and intention of the changes.

I) The reps must transfer any rule changes from the discussion boards to the final request board before the last day in June, in voting years. (Clarifications must be transferred by the last day of June every year.) Any transfers after the date will be null and void for the current voting year.

2) Rule changes will be voted upon and enacted every two years. (The first year of this process will be at the Gathering of the Clans 2006.)

3) Clarifications will be voted upon every year. Clarifications for non-rule voting years will be printed out on an errata sheet (not a supplement) that will be supplied with the rulebook. These clarifications will be edited into the main rulebook on the following year when rule changes are edited.

4) A representative of Amtgard Inc. will compile the finalized list of change/clarifications (without any changes) and will supply copies for the official vote. Each Kingdom's rep will post the finalized list on their Kingdom's list.

5) The vote will be held at the Gathering of the Clans, during the Monarch's meeting.

6) Only Monarchs may cast a vote at the meeting unless a representative (a representative of the Kingdom not necessarily the rules representatitve, although the rules representative is eligible for this duty.) has been appointed by them, in writing, before the meeting. (It is in every Kingdom's best interest to have a representative of their land with a list of votes at this meeting.)

7) Only the items on the finalized list will be voted upon. Absolutely no rules or clarifications will be accepted on site for change.

8) Each item on the finalized list will be voted upon with a 75% majority of the assembled Monarchs (representatives of the Kingdom) required for it to pass.

9) Passed items are then compiled for entry into the rulebook (or errata sheet for clarifications on non-rule years.).

10) All rule changes and clarifications are effective one month from the date of the meeting. Errata sheets and edits will be posted at amtgardinc.com by this date.

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Last edited by sutrasx on Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:40 am 

I recommend that anyone wanting to see changes made to their class get in touch with their guild master for ideas and options and the kingdom rulesrep.

I recommend the current GM of any class be fully aware of class masters and to get input from them as well. Is there a fully functional guild in the Emerald Hills at all?

For anyone not a master in their class, speak up and get those ideas out there. Don't let someone who doesn't have the love for YOUR class dictate how you'll play it. Don't trade rational opinions/suggestions for quiet compliance/brute ignorance.

Be respectful and don't go apesh!t just cause you can or cause that's how you 'roleplay'. Don't be surprised if the rules reps won't hear you out cause it's too much trouble filtering through mounds of hateful crap.

Be courteous and mature and make a stand by being such. Personal vendettas, childish backbiting, and silent brooding won't solve a thing.

Always,
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:41 am 

Item #1 As I am no longer PM, do not try to contact my via that address. Just post on the forum, or send me a private message.

Item #2 Yes, this year we can vote on actually changes.
As stated in the Rule Revision Process
2) Rule changes will be voted upon and enacted every two years. (The first year of this process will be at the Gathering of the Clans 2006.)

3) Clarifications will be voted upon every year. Clarifications for non-rule voting years will be printed out on an errata sheet (not a supplement) that will be supplied with the rulebook. These clarifications will be edited into the main rulebook on the following year when rule changes are edited.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:37 pm 

Aha! If I had only put 2 and peanut butter together! Right-o on that on one Tolken.

S

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:51 pm 

I am working on changes for the Druid to make it more balanced at higher levels (it was very underpowered by the 7.0 release). If anyone has ideas, please let me know and I will try to incorporate them into my proposal to give Tolken.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:09 am 

Just so the monks of EH know, I am working on changes to the Monk class. Although Monk should not require as much adjustment as other classes, I feel that some changes are in order. I will a list of suggested changes next week. Let me know if there are any changes you would like to see and I will incorporate them. Thanks!

Gabriel

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:20 pm 

7.0 rules changes/revisions and you.

Find it here at:
http://amtgardinc.com/v-web/bulletin/bb ... c.php?t=84

Kurse wrote:

"There is no deadline for new ideas, simply one that makes every kingdom have a list of their desired changes posted to the Final Rules Change forum on or before June 30th.

Once that deadline passes, change lists can no longer be altered nor can new changes be proposed. After the 1st of July, I will condense each kingdom's change list into a single list and distribute it to the kingdom monarchs in preparation for the vote at Clan. Any kingdom that fails to meet this deadline will not have their lists considered.

I will allow discussion between the monarchs/reps during the CoM regarding the changes but I will force a vote if the CoM starts to wander off track.

Have your monarchs/reps prepared to vote and to offer concise reasons why thing should or shouldn't be included in the ruleset.

I will post reminders on all of the kingdom lists to stress the importance of the upcoming deadline."

--------------------

I am not trying to make an efigy out of Tolken, I really thinks he's a swell guy! I'm just pretty passionate about making sure as many people get to let our rules rep know what they feel would break/improve their class.

Get with your GM and make sure to be heard!

For the love of the game,
S

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:52 pm 

Tolken, can you post the changes (by class) that we are proposing? I would like to make sure that the submission includes all the items we had agreed on (specifically the Druid class).

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:11 am 

Sorry, I've been out of contact at A-kon.
Here is mine and Thalen's responses to Kurse's post, and why I don't agree with his post. I'll post a consolidated list of all porposed changes later today after I take care of a backlog of mundane work items.
Quote:
Thalen - So after months of working as an interkingdom committee, it still comes down to us just posting our individual kingdom's requests?
That's kinda weird. I guess I've been misinterpreting the purpose of this group.

Quote:
Myself - No, I don't agree with that. There should be no need for seperate lists from each kingdom.

What happens if two kingdoms each submit a different change for the same item? We run into the same situation we did with stoneskin before. There will be a chance that neither of the changes gets the votes needed and no change will occur even though everyone agrees that some type of reform needs to take place.

Or worse, what happens if two kingdom each present changes that conflict? What happens if by some fluke they both pass?

Like Thalen, I thought the whole purpose of this group was to work on a unified list of changes. One in which we worked together to agree on wording, and to make sure that none of our changes conflict with other portions of the rulebook or other proposed changes.

That is why some of us on the commitee wanted to place a self imposed deadline on ourselves for new items. That way we have a whole month to work on the exact wording for each item and do our best to to make sure we don't create any loopholes or conflict.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:57 pm 

Items that I know will be brought up before the COM

Officially approve the Dor8

Change melee dagger blade lengths to 10"

Change throwing weapons to "May not pass through a 2-1/4" ring.

Minimum of 3" streamers on spellballs

Change Poison and Imbue Weapon so that they work on wounded limbs.

Gambesons give +1 to any (metal armor or armor over 3 points) Both have been suggested

Add line stating that crossbows are considered half-draw (Poundage is already set there)

Change Earthbind so that it is only the feet that can't move. Still working on final wording.

Allow "black" to be substituted for "white" in spells

Possible change to prevent people from tossing shields or melee weapons at spellballs. No one has agreed on any wording.

Assassins:
Change TOD to 2/game
Add javelins back as a choice at 4th
Add Venom (or whatever we'll call it) at 6th level twice per game. Replaces poison weapon. Acts as a poison weapon in all ways except that the count is only 50.

Monk:
Change heal self to an extraordinary ability.
Change TOD to 2/game

Healer:
Change Stun to 2 points/life max 2
Move Pro-Mag down to 5th

Druids:
Change petrify to 1 point
Change regen to per life
Move Feeblemind down to 5th and make 1 point.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:50 pm 

Druids: Change call lightning to 1 point

Puppet Master of the EH

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard