Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Reign 41 Dragonmaster
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:13 am 

An item must be entered in 2-4 categories.

No more than 3 entries per contestant

Standard categories apply with the exception of vintners and rose. Anyone disappointed by this is encouraged to convince me otherwise on a case-by-case basis.

Each item will be judged by at least three judges. I will judge all entries personally (reserving the right to use the king as a stunt stomach due to my food allergies) and choose at least two judges of applicable skill to the item (as available) for the second and third set of scores. Due to the nature of the scoring judges are NOT prohibited from entering, only from judging their own items.

Items will be scored on a standard 0-5 scale. A two-category item will be given 2x3 scores, a three category item 3x3 scores and a four category item 3x4 scores. The scores will be added together and divided by the applicable 6, 9, or 12 so as to get a standard 0-5 average score for each item.

For example: Let’s assume I’ve been presented with a four-category item. It is a book of self-composed poetry complete with handmade leather binding and watercolor illustrations… poetry, publication, passive-construction 2-d art. I will give it four separate scores, one for each category. Depending on who has attended that day I will find at least two other judges to do the same, but perhaps I find someone with a degree in literature that is color-blind. I would have that judge give me three scores and I’d find a more applicably talented judge to give one score on the illustrations alone.

Judging opportunities will be offered throughout the reign. The first opportunity will be at WM in a few weeks. I will also accept entries at the FK kingdom battle game and Midreign with the final opportunity to compete being at Bannerwars.

One more thing, the Regent’s bonus. I will give my five favorite item combinations a pre-average bonus. This bonus is to reward the most innovative, creative or otherwise intriguingly combined entries. The Regent's Bonus is given as an extra full point per score, added to the regent’s scoring only, resulting in a 1/3 of a point increase in the item’s overall average (regardless of the number of categories).

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard